Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voting - Banner Event #1

Go down 
+6
viviff9
krill
~Suigintou~
Otoha
dannieh
haru
10 posters

Vote for:
Dannieh
Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_lcap43%Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
l2ainfall
Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_lcap14%Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Otoha
Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_lcap21%Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
~Suigintou~
Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_lcap21%Voting - Banner Event #1 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

Voting - Banner Event #1 Empty
PostSubject: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime23/10/2009, 9:04 pm

Welcome to the voting thread. All submissions and descriptions provided by the entrants are listed below, so check them out and vote for your favourite one! Remember, the objective for this event was for applicants to create their own banner relating to the theme 'blue.' You can only vote once via the poll, so choose wisely.
Dannieh

Spoiler:

Description: OKAY! so here's my corny description 8D

i tend to think blue is the color of freedom as the sky and the ocean is open and endless depicting freedom.
My banner consist of the colors of the sky that is different shades of blue with white.. these colors are placed amongst the swirls or swerves like the ocean
hence it looking like the sky reflecting upon the ocean. Also, since blue is freedom to me.. i chose miku hatsune in a pose of the parody of Air the anime in which she's just letting the breeze pass her carelessly = freedom.. leaving troubles behind.. also because miku is awesome and has an aqua color oh ho ho ho~

man i can even write an essay if i had to HA!.. i guess i'll stop
=P

l2ainfall

Spoiler:

Otoha
Spoiler:

~Suigintou~
Spoiler:

Thank you for all the applicants who participated in this event - the winner will be announced 7 days from now!

Prize = Unknown

Voting has now closed.

Now that the voting is officially closed, I think it's only fair to adjust the results by assigning a score to each banner based on my personal evaluation. The overall score for the entrants will reflect 50% of the poll result and 50% of haru's evaluation. This will not only provide a better indication on the best banner for the event, but also make things more 'intense' and surprising since having the poll results being seen by the members throughout the week pretty much eliminated the suspense.

The evaluation of each banner will be based on the following: composition, skill, creativity, aesthetics and effort. The reason why skills and aesthetics is only worth 5 is because this event encourages creativity, not flashy effects. With that said, the creativity & concept of the banner will be considered greatly, hence it is worth 20%.

Dannieh

Composition: 8/10
Skill: 4/5
Creativity & Concept: 17/20
Aesthetics: 4/5
Effort: 8/10

Total: 41/50

Comments: Danny has managed to reflect the concept of 'freedom' nicely with his eye-catching bright blue banner! The composition is solid, although the large text does tend to distract the main focus away from Miku. The skill and effort by Danny is apparent with the careful use of layer effects and attention towards the details (e.g. the extraction, layers and brushes). Overall, there seems to be a lot going on in this banner (all the effects in the back and foreground), but it's safe to say that these tiny flaws are forgiven when everything else (concept, aesthetics and creativity) is well crafted.

l2ainfall

Composition: 6.5/10
Skill: 4/5
Creativity & Concept: 16/20
Effort: 9/10

Total: 39.5/50

Comments: Odom's banner is fun and very appealing to look at with its soft grainy-like texture and light colours. However, the composition suffers from the lack of a main focus (there needs to be a right balance of text, objects and so on). Although the composition may not be perfect, the skill and effort by Odom is clearly beyond adequate with the awesome illustration of Bob and fun presentation! Finally, with the tools and limitations that Odom had to deal with, this banner turned out good, but fell short due to some minor composition flaws.

Otoha

Composition: 7/10
Skill: 3.5/5
Creativity & Concept: 12/20
Effort: 6/10

Total: 32.5/50

Comments: First off, there wasn't much thought regarding the concept by simply looking at Russell's banner and description. Secondly, this banner is barely pg-rated with the unnecessary text. Although this is a pretty simple banner, the composition is quite decent with the clear emphasis given on Kyon by fading the other character. The banner could use a better font and texture though, and really needs more creativity!

~Suigintou~

Composition: 10/10
Skill: 5/5
Creativity & Concept: 16.5/20
Aesthetics: 5/5
Effort: 9.5/10

Total: 46/50

Comments: Michelle has done an excellent job on her banner which really shows when you look at how skillfully and detailed it is. The symmetric-like design is perfectly drawn out, and the soft colours used complements well with each other. There is however, a slight problem with this banner (which I shall give the benefit of the doubt) and that is... the connection between the concept of the banner and the theme of the event, blue. But anyhow, this is an outstanding entry from Michelle, and it's not a surprise that this banner has scored very well (evaluation-wise). Great work!

Thanks for all the participants and members who have contributed to the Banner Event in some way! The entries for the first ever Mangaka & Anime Club Desu banner event has been beyond awesome, but unfortunately there can only be one winner...

Final scores:

Dannieh - 62%
~Suigintou~ - 56.5%
l2ainfall - 46.5%
Otoha - 43%

Congratulations to Danny for winning the Banner Event~ You will receive your mysterious prize after the final exams! Oh ho ho ho~ =)

Last edited by haru on 31/10/2009, 8:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime23/10/2009, 9:29 pm

VOTED! 8D
oh ho ho ho~
woah this was made earlier than expected lols
BOSSS! i love your drawing..
love the bottom's outfit.. (n2s: make boss that outfit if i have time for bday 8D)
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime23/10/2009, 9:31 pm

oooh never saw Odom or suigintous~ yet, lol at Prince of tennis Bob, OMG I have a vote and It wasn't from meee!!, I assume voting for myself is not allowed (not that I would) so I voted for Dannieh~... wait am I supposed to say who I voted for?

also I had a description but PM'ed it to suigintou~ by mistake *facepalm*, not that my description had anything it was just Theme = blue, picture = blue
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime23/10/2009, 10:53 pm

I voted for Danny too! Feel bad if I voted for myself....Bleh, my description is too short. Here's a proper one, format is like an episode of Bakemonogatari:

Reminiscence
My name is Mizumiya Kiki. I used to be one of those happy kids, but life passed by really quickly. My brother is always sick. My parents take him to the hospital. They always stay there and leave me alone at home.
Alone. With no one else.
"You are old enough to take care of yourself."
I don't know what is wrong with him.
They are always at the hospital.
I don't know what is wrong with me.
I used to visit him every day.

When it rains, I just stand outside, looking at the pale white building.
No umbrella. Wet and soaked. Cold. Indifferent.
End Reminiscence

"Hahahaha, I don't need your help. Araragi-kun, I've already been saved. That empty void has been filled." Mizumiya laughed creepily.

Help those who need your help- (Black)

"Hmm, you got yourself another rainy devil. Mizumiya- strong affinity with water. Her mood and state will ebb and flow like the tide itself. But, unlike the other girl you brought in, this rainy devil possessed her when she was most vulnerable, in its environment. It may have been lurking around the hospital." Oshino leaned closer.
"But Araragi. Let me ask you this question again.

Does she need your help? End of Mizumiya Rain- Part One
Back to top Go down
krill
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
krill

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime23/10/2009, 11:08 pm

i voted for you otoha :3
Back to top Go down
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

ESB Points : 86

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime24/10/2009, 7:03 pm

Wow great work guys. They all look neat
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime24/10/2009, 10:44 pm

So this is the prize amiright Haru?

Voting - Banner Event #1 Ge_29_unown_h
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime24/10/2009, 11:29 pm

Lol, my sister has two Unown cards!
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime26/10/2009, 8:48 pm

I like the fancy 'uws mangaka and anime' tag in Dannys one, but the small white dots annoy me =[
I like Michelles 'hand drawn' element though =o
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime27/10/2009, 12:37 pm

i like everybodys, =D
but i like michelle's one hand drawn *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Clodreaver
Bored Member
Clodreaver

ESB Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime28/10/2009, 12:40 am

dunno if unrelated cause im capped but ironic how CG banner since i spent sunday-tuesday morning rewatching seasons 1 and 2.

SEE I DO BELONG HERE
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime31/10/2009, 5:55 am

The Banner Event has officially ended. Check the first post of this thread to see the results and details!
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime31/10/2009, 10:46 am

Note to self: keep characters in center next time xP
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime31/10/2009, 10:57 am

TT^TT 43% I failed... I think you should replace "Aesthetics" (no idea what this means), with "humour" (so I can earn points in the future) and also change the scoring that you receive from the poll because that makes everyones scores look really low (like how dannieh came first with only 62% when he scored 80~ish% on the actual review)
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime1/11/2009, 9:32 pm

lols, congrats Danny~~
and nice job to others =D
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime2/11/2009, 6:32 am

omgosh.. since when was this updated
anyhow awesome work to the others
and i didnt even know my banner was showing the whole time =="
i bet the prize for me is a smack in the head or something from haru (stares)
hahaha thanks
hrmm i guess it would be fair to not enter next time yeah?
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime2/11/2009, 4:50 pm

i'm thinking the next contest would be better if it was based on drawing since the majority of the club members don't have access to photoshop and the likes. so there's no reason for you to not enter!

but yesh, your prize is a secret for now! =)
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime2/11/2009, 7:20 pm

(i bet it's a wack in the head) LOL~ fair enough.. i like that idea 8D (draws kagami breathing fire again oh ho ho ho~)
Back to top Go down
RubyMoon
Cheesy Member
RubyMoon

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime9/11/2009, 3:48 am

Congratz on the win Dannieh!!
And great work every1 else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voting - Banner Event #1   Voting - Banner Event #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voting - Banner Event #1
Page 1 of 1