Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Music, What gets you going?

Go down 
+7
Al
Kaifanatic
wsms3
Otoha
haru
Darth Munchkin
Woodmember
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodmember
Woodmember

ESB Points : 0

Japanese Music, What gets you going? Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime15/4/2010, 3:55 pm

I thought I would just get a little topic going on different types of Japanese music. Lets share what we have found so to further enrich our lives
with gold from the land of the rising sun.

Personally I love the genre Eurobeat, I just love the bad Engrish in all the songs. I also love the group M.O.V.E.

What about the rest of you?
Back to top Go down
Darth Munchkin
Chocolate-filled Member
Darth Munchkin

ESB Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime15/4/2010, 7:40 pm

Mostly i love the music from anime. But i just started getting into non-anime songs as well. if anyone has any suggestions about whats good, then feel free to post the songs Smile
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime15/4/2010, 8:19 pm

If you're referring to the Eurobeat songs used in the Initial D series, a lot of it are actually composed and sung by non-Japanese artists. I listen to 'Don't Stop the Music' and 'Killing my Love' just for the kicks from time to time because it's catchy and annoyingly addictive. The lyrics are super cheesy, but the up-beat tempo makes you want to jump around and be hyperactive!

As for other Japanese sub-genres, anything that sounds good I guess. It's hard to be specific when I practically listen to a lot of genres, but if I had to pick 2 then I'd say J-rock and piano.

Besides Japanese music, anything to do with piano, classical, orchestra, rock, pop - you name it. The only genres that I don't prefer are rap and heavy metal (sorry to all you screamo fans out there). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime15/4/2010, 11:02 pm

I basically like various Animu OP & ED's, also music/songs from jap videogames and Gackt
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
wsms3
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
wsms3

ESB Points : 286

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime15/4/2010, 11:25 pm

Jap music, I like Utada Hikaru or YUI but apart from those I usually listen to english and chinese music like rock, pop, rnb and rap. Personally engrish music sounds weird to me sounds, like ESL class
Back to top Go down
Woodmember
Woodmember

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime16/4/2010, 1:43 am

Yeah I agree, love the hyperactive beat of eurobeat. And with mostly Italian artists as Dave Rodgers, it's not totally Japanese, but the influence is there. However I'm sad enough to listen to the songs that never apeared in Initial D. It's just to adictive.
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime16/4/2010, 12:01 pm

^.^ i really like m-flo! it's so different!
Back to top Go down
Al
Cheesy Member
Al

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime17/4/2010, 2:01 pm

Kalafina & the FICTIONJUNCTION stuff, pretty much anything Yuki Kajiura does ;D
Back to top Go down
hyokiru_01
Enthusiastic Member
hyokiru_01

ESB Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime19/4/2010, 9:38 am

i only seem to listen to music from anime, games and amvs..
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime5/5/2010, 12:36 am

hmm japanese music... the last japanese music is from bleach openings lols
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime9/5/2010, 12:06 pm

VARIETTYYYY!~
hahahaha.. lately ive been listening to vocaloid songs more..
the beat.. rhythm.. tune.. is soooo catchy.... well depends on songs but yeah!
even the lyrics are quite.. interesting.. i mean.. a song talking about preteen pregnancy and the song is super catchy?.. win 8D
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
krill
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
krill

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime9/5/2010, 7:07 pm

B'z!
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime22/8/2010, 11:14 pm

i really love listening to last exile "Cloud age symphony" a really good bus music gets me going lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Music, What gets you going?   Japanese Music, What gets you going? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Music, What gets you going?
Page 1 of 1