Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you watching/reading?

Go down 
+2
Kaifanatic
Lann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lann
Chocolate-filled Member
Lann

ESB Points : 184

What are you watching/reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime7/7/2010, 11:34 pm

What anime I'm watching
Giant Killing
It's an anime about a struggling Football Club in Japan. That's all I needed to know about it to get hooked.
While the art style may not be to everyone's liking, I've enjoyed the story so far, and the music has been top-notch.
What I really like about this anime is that it makes me want to get out into the world and do something, seeing these characters run about the soccer pitch makes me want to train for the matches I have, instead of staying indoors.

K-On! Season 2
We all have guilty pleasures. Mine just happens to be K-On!. 5 high school girls play in a band in a world with no real-life worries. Screw realism, This is an IV drip of concentrated moe straight into my arm every week.

What I'm reading
Mahou Sensei Negima
Step aside Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. This shonen juggernaut is my manga of the decade. It''s shown me what manga is all about, with a story that spans two generations, two worlds and involves an incredibly still-growing cast. It switches between shonen tournament arc for several chapters, then into an indescribably romantic love story the next, all without missing a beat.
This manga has no weaknesses, except for the first 2 volumes, which I will never mention again.

Pokemon Adventures
What Pokemon is meant to be. That is all.

Yotsubato
The mis-adventures of a 5 year old. If this is how life is like for 5 year olds in Japan, then screw a childhood in Australia, we're moving to Japan.
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime8/7/2010, 8:50 am

What i'm watching
Nodame Cantabile Finale

this is the 3rd series of the nodame cantabile anime

the story about nodame, a girl with a gift at playing the piano who can produce beautiful interpretations of pieces and doesnt like looking at the sheet music xD
she has a huge obssession with a guy named chiaki who continues to ignore people's attempts to stop him pursuing a career as a conductor.
I love nodame anime, it brings back the joy i felt back in highschool when i was actively playing the piano for assemblies, school concerts etc. Also i can see that the author knows his/her music and what is done at rehersals, concerts etc.
And also for the laughs! Nodame Cantabile is incredibly entertaining and you find yourself laughing about many things instead of the usual "oh he fell rofl" "oh he fell again! Rofl"
and for the girls, in this series Chiaki becomes aware of his growing feelings for nodame...
Apparently in the manga nodame fell pregnant... 8O

should definitely watch this!!!!

Working!

An anime about a small family restaurant run by a group of weird workers.

There's taneshima a 17 year old with a huge bushy ponytail who looks like she's in middle school
there's yachiyo a very smiley and attractive waitress but always carries a katana at her waist even while she's serving the customers!
Kyouko is the manager but once was in the mafia...

And many more interesting characters but i wont name
them you have to find out yourselves!

Ah and sorry guys, i'm not really good at giving reviews for these things as good as lann... Gomen.... But do check out working!!
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime27/7/2010, 9:53 am

What i'm reading weekly or whenever the bloody chapter comes out..
-One piece
-Yotsubato
-1/2 prince
-some random one shots
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime29/7/2010, 3:19 pm

<b>Watching:</b>:
Sekirei: Pure Engagement: It's about this boy, Sahashi Minato, who meets a girl named Musubi when she falls from the sky. Musubi is a Sekirei and Minato is her Ashikabi (i.e., a human with the ability to wing (form a contract with) a Sekirei, binding them to him). This binds Musubi to Minato and allows her to use her powers to battle with other Sekirei in a competition called "The Game" or "Sekirei Plan", organised by Hiroto Minaka. However Minato soon learns that being the partner of a beautiful girl is not all fun and games, especially when he discovers that an Ashikabi can have more than one Sekirei partner—and that's where the real trouble starts.

Bleach: I'm pretty sure you guys all know about it. Besides, even if you didn't, I couldn't summarise it without giving half the plot away.

Axis Powers Hetalia: A satire of historical events with personified nations.

xxxHOLiC: Kei: Not sure how to summarise this one, I've only just started it.

Full Moon O Sagashite: About a girl, Mitsuki Kouyama, aged 12, who wants to become a singer. She hopes that, if she becomes famous, her childhood friend Eichi will hear her sing and find her again. Mitsuki encounters two Shinigami - Takuto and Meroko - when they enter her room (through the wall...) and she discovers that she only has a year to live. Takuto uses his powers to transform her into her alter ego, the 16 year old Full Moon. ^_^ I'm only half-way through this one.

B Gata H Kei: Just started this one this week. It's kind of funny. It's about this girl, Yamada, whose aim is to sleep with 100 guys. But the problem is that, while Yamada has no issue flaunting her body, she's never slept with anyone before and, as a result, is insecure about her own virginity. I've only seen three or four episodes, but it's good. It's a new series too, it finished airing in June this year.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime3/8/2010, 11:18 pm

Just completed all 13 episodes of Midori Days, and I can't believe I didn't pick up this series earlier! Since I'm in a rush to finish off some last minute homework, this is going to be one short impression. =p

The story revolves around a 2nd year high school delinquent, Seiji Sawamura. He has been in many fights and has never had a girlfriend, despite confessing to 20 girls. Because of this, he states that his notorious "demon right hand" is the only companion he has. One day, Seiji wakes up to find a girl (Midori) as his right hand and trouble ensues...
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
dragonfly-009
Chibi Member
dragonfly-009

ESB Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime4/8/2010, 9:02 pm

Axis Powers Hetalia XDDDDD ahaha i was tagged as Germany in a FB thing once... now that I know what they were on about, i'm not too sure it's a good thing >_>

Watching Hatsukoi Limited~! 'Tis funny =3

uhmmm i was reading OP but apparently OneManga was shut down or something so i'll either have to move to mangafox or give it up =o or buy them myself or something... but i'm not sure i want to start collecting such a big series =s
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime23/8/2010, 12:11 am

i'd like to watch the second season of k-on when i have the time and resource to get it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/reading?   What are you watching/reading? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching/reading?
Page 1 of 1