Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club money $pending

Go down 
+6
wsms3
haru
Bluna
dannieh
hiroshima_X
Otoha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

Club money $pending Empty
PostSubject: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 8:00 pm

OK so as you all know SMASH was a success and we made loads of $$$

Since we haven't spent any yet I figgured since it's the Clubs money it should be a club decision
So this thread is for suggestions to where the money should go, or voting for an idea that you like, if people are split on ideas then I'll another thread with an actual poll

So suggest some ideas ^^

My idea is that the club buys an eee pc or another kind of cheap/small laptop since as many of you know there is no computer in our current club room and it would be a hassle to ask members to bring their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
hiroshima_X
W + M1 Pyro
hiroshima_X

ESB Points : 1377

Character sheet
Role-playing: Demo Knight
Secondary Role:: Law-Abiding Engineer

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 8:04 pm

Aye! Club's laptop!
Back to top Go down
http://hiroshimax.deviantart.com/
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 10:06 pm

my question is.. WHO HAS THE MONEY..
in my opinion -> i think boss should keep the money only because she IS boss and we all trust her more.
Im not saying i dont trust someone else having the money, but being considerate of others, you have to understand that others may not trust someone else holding the money regardless of their position.

As for the money, we can use it to fundraise to gain more money since the hive doesnt fund us as much.
For other beneficial purposes, a laptop would be great also but since you said its a hassle to ask members.. it would be a hassle for the person who's keeping the laptop to hold and bring it.
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 10:19 pm

hmm..
i was wondering.. to when promoting people.. we could spend some money to buy like empty dvds
and hand out some anime on burned dvds to people...?

so possibly it could be like a library.. kinda thingy.. so when they're done watching it they can pass it on to someother person to watch it

i dont know.
thats just my idea
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 11:39 pm

the only problem with that is we never know if the anime will be licensed or not .. and because they're copied, i wouldnt risk anything which could lead sabotaging the club.
Good idea though because it reminds me of animesydney giving us some of madman anime sampler.
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime26/8/2010, 11:55 pm

I say we invest in a coffee machine! That way I won't be so tired at uni anymore... Club money $pending 26068
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 12:17 am

Lol!
hmm thats tru danny..
but.. it'll be a secert stash library.

hmms..
shouldnt the money go to the next stall, gifts/prize/stuff etc?
Back to top Go down
wsms3
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
wsms3

ESB Points : 286

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 5:39 pm

In boss we trust, I agree with Danny on the keep safe issue
We can use the money for club events, so it'll be fair and won't be a hassle if we buy something and that person has to bring it back and forth to club events

Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 6:48 pm

Club hard drive (harddrive? Hardrive? @_@), it's lighter than a comp at least
yeah, save it for future events/stalls
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 7:02 pm

But future events and stuff will make us more money, if we don't spend it then it will just be a waste, more ideas I have are: Pinball machine, Arcade machine (initial D or Street Fighter anyone? =D), Table soccer, Air Hockey

But I think we need a club laptop >=3
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
hiroshima_X
W + M1 Pyro
hiroshima_X

ESB Points : 1377

Character sheet
Role-playing: Demo Knight
Secondary Role:: Law-Abiding Engineer

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 7:04 pm

All good ideas but where to place the Pinball Machine, Arcade Machine (include DDR in there as well Russ), Table soccer (Foosball is the proper term) and Air Hockey?

But definitely, we should get a club laptop! And maybe a 2 TB hard drive (or maybe more than 2 TB)
Back to top Go down
http://hiroshimax.deviantart.com/
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 7:14 pm

Hnnnng; I don't mind bringing my laptop every week to the club~

So we don't need to waste the money on a laptop, Why not make more events?

Liiike if we hold a quiz week we can use money for prizes.
Ooooooor use the money for promoting our club. ~

Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

ESB Points : 86

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 8:45 pm

I think we should focus more on getting the club more organized and presentable first, rather than spending money on goodies.
A club meeting needs to be held with the higher-ups to decide these things!
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime27/8/2010, 10:00 pm

Ok people I know you want answers, so I'll try my best to answer them with the most I know<---and something that is understandable.

1- The club money has been put into the bank. Niloy (Nilcorp) is our treasurer holds the debit card and has put it in a sort of joint bank account thing which gains a considerable amount of interest a year.

2- I get it that there is a trust issue. Perhaps we get a club vote on who should hold the money?
(Wow you trust me more to hold the money? lol I still doubt myself)

3- As for how money should be spent, I reckon it should be a group decision, after all, members helped contribute to what we have, and it should benefit everyone. Yes so I agree to a vote on what we should spend it on!

4- Not sure about laptop. -.- I could bring mine but it's not exactly compact size- 14-ish inch. Plus I might get tempted to play FEZ. Who would keep the laptop then?

5- Too bad a lecture room can't be our permanent club room, or a decent room in uni become our permanent club room so we will never have to worry about room changes/registration ever again
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime28/8/2010, 12:05 am

~Suigintou~ wrote:
Ok people I know you want answers, so I'll try my best to answer them with the most I know<---and something that is understandable.

1- The club money has been put into the bank. Niloy (Nilcorp) is our treasurer holds the debit card and has put it in a sort of joint bank account thing which gains a considerable amount of interest a year.

2- I get it that there is a trust issue. Perhaps we get a club vote on who should hold the money?
(Wow you trust me more to hold the money? lol I still doubt myself)

No harsh feelings or offense or anything. But i really think you should hold the money despite the position of being treasurer. Not that we don't trust the treasurer, its just we would be more calm if you held the money boss as we all trust you and you know that the money would be for club only.
The idea of putting in the bank gaining interest is good but i think its best if we don't have things clashing together with club and personal (if you know what i mean seeing someone's bank account is personal).

viviff99 wrote:
I think we should focus more on getting the club more organized and presentable first, rather than spending money on goodies.
A club meeting needs to be held with the higher-ups to decide these things!

i definately agree with this since its pretty much what other clubs and uni do. And i'm sure viviff would know seeing he has experienced JAUWS club.
As most of you may know, our club is quite all over the place since we don't really have a permanent room yet and we tend to get interupted and even kicked out which makes us uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime28/8/2010, 12:17 am

^lol, yeah i tab what bader said,
and spending on a laptop is kinda pointless..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club money $pending   Club money $pending I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club money $pending
Page 1 of 1