Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning Hiragana soo hard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FutureSight
Enthusiastic Member
FutureSight

ESB Points : 191

Learning Hiragana soo hard Empty
PostSubject: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime25/6/2011, 12:13 am

Just started trying to learn hiragana... >_<
I learn like 5 and then everything else i just can't fit into my brain... T_T
Is there a way to do it?
Back to top Go down
hiroshima_X
W + M1 Pyro
hiroshima_X

ESB Points : 1377

Character sheet
Role-playing: Demo Knight
Secondary Role:: Law-Abiding Engineer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime25/6/2011, 12:38 am

There is a way to do it. Just take upon at least 3-4 syllables from the hiragana tables. By 3-4 syllables, I mean learning the vowels (a,i,u,e,o) and a couple of some letters (ka,ki,ku,ke,ko-line etc)

Read, pronounce and write some words (doesn't matter if the words are correct or not) to make sure they stay in your head. When your confident enough to write or say the characters without referring to some sort of guide, you can proceed to the next set of syllables.

Just take it slowly and work to your own pace. That what Japanese 101 taught me this semester.
Back to top Go down
http://hiroshimax.deviantart.com/
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime25/6/2011, 9:15 am

Nah its not hard at all, teacher used flash cards and went through 15 every week, try making flash cards with the answer on the back so you can check if you're correct. You could also try "my Japanese coach " on DS but I found that to be unhelpful when it comes hiragana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime26/6/2011, 5:33 pm

Break it down first- like what Russ said, limit to about 3-5 syllables a week. I mainly learnt it by writing each character down repeatedly so it fills up a line in a book and saying the syllable while I write.
Or find your own way of remembering- eg. the syllable could represent part of an anime/manga name, song lyric etc, either by how it looks (the actual appearance of the character) or just how the syllable sounds
or writing on flashcards or highlighting the character on paper etc.
Back to top Go down
FutureSight
Enthusiastic Member
FutureSight

ESB Points : 191

PostSubject: Re: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime26/6/2011, 10:19 pm

i'm playing this game called slime forest.
it's kind of like flash cards. only I'm getting owned in the game cos i dun know enough characters to get me through hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Hiragana soo hard   Learning Hiragana soo hard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning Hiragana soo hard
Page 1 of 1