Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life-sized Gundam statues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Graustein
Cheesy Member
Graustein

ESB Points : 0

Life-sized Gundam statues Empty
PostSubject: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime10/9/2009, 7:18 pm

Now, I'm not much of a fan of the whole giant mecha genre of anime; the only one I really liked was Evangelion, before the infamous last two episodes which succeeded in turning my brain inside-out. Which is why I am sure you will appreciate just how awesome the following bit of news is, considering that even I find it mind-bogglingly awesome.

As you may or may not be aware, Japan has decided to erect life-sized Gundam statues. There are two currently in place, in Odaiba and Kobe, standing at 59 and 49 feet respectively. I'm not sure how that translates to metres, but it is flucking big. While the first one is not up permanently, the second is. Unfortunately (or fotunately?), neither of them are actually functional, although the first one (RX-78-2, for those wondering) lights up, has a movable head and emits mist. I'm not sure about what the second one (Gigantor) can do, but it looks freaking awesome.

But wait! It gets better. Not to be outdone, South Korea have decided to construct an absolutely titanic giant robot. This one, situated in Robot Land, a theme park (guess the theme!) in Incheon. Opening 2013. How tall is it? Guess. Not 50 feet. Not a hundred. Not even two hundred.

This robot is scheduled to be a whopping 364 feet tall. Yes, three hundred and sixty-four. That's slightly more than one-third the height of the Eiffel Tower. That's taller than the Statue of Liberty, pedestal and all.

Now is it just me, or is this the single best pen0r-waving competition in the history of mankind? First to the moon? Biggest nuclear arsenal? Best Olympics? Forget all those.

Biggest. Robot. Statue.

Last edited by Graustein on 10/9/2009, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime10/9/2009, 8:10 pm

Oooh I've heard about this, and seen some photos =3 Link us to some pics of the other one? =o
Back to top Go down
Graustein
Cheesy Member
Graustein

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime10/9/2009, 8:13 pm

l2ainfall wrote:
Oooh I've heard about this, and seen some photos =3 Link us to some pics of the other one? =o
My bad! Link to Gigantor (Kobe) is now up.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime12/9/2009, 2:33 pm

wierd...
Back to top Go down
Da Krish
Cheesy Member
Da Krish

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime30/4/2010, 11:50 pm

OMFG that sounds sooo awesum - it would be even better if they gave it a few functions aswell. Man that would soo be my next holiday destination
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime2/5/2010, 10:41 pm

life size =freaky
Back to top Go down
Da Krish
Cheesy Member
Da Krish

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime3/5/2010, 10:19 pm

dw it won't just turn into an evil robot of a sudden Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:42 pm

lol and here is the ypoutube clip of it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjjgjzgRhsI&feature=popt00us00

it even moves it head and lights up.. it actually looks alittle awsome..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life-sized Gundam statues   Life-sized Gundam statues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life-sized Gundam statues
Page 1 of 1