Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fashion - YAY or NAY

Go down 
+15
TabZ
Cytomander
hiroshima_X
smiles
Jeshii
Odomonkey
gagA
Darth Munchkin
Ruku-chan.
Bluna
Otoha
Kaifanatic
~Suigintou~
haru
dannieh
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

fashion - YAY or NAY Empty
PostSubject: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 12:00 am

okay so this topic is about fashion and clothing sense
so it could also be hair styles, eye colors, etc, even celebrities and the way they dress (can also be yourself)
discuss about the trends and styles..
and whether in your opinion you think its YAY (good) or NAY(bad)
Pretty much this topic will be your opinion and others opinions on the trends and styles
feel free to show pictures for easy explanation
but please put them in spoilers
oh and KEEP THE IMAGES AND TALK PG

okay so i'm going to start with Hope Estheim from Final Fantasy XIII
Spoiler:

i personally really like his pants and shoes
i think they're like 3/4 green light denim pants with an elastic bond on the bottom
so it has a sweat pants type style.. something different and unique..
the only thing i dont like is the buttons how they jsut stick out without a flap

the shoes looks like simple canvas shoes with straps. i think the color with dark green shoe laces look really good
i really like the strap idea with the buckles.. ive only seen straps but they're velcro

the only problem is would it look good on an actual person
we know that most animations and all, the clothes that they wear suit them (most of the time)..
i mean they even look good in rags

anyhow i say the pants are between yay and nay but more of yay
the shoes are definately yay
what do you guys think?

Last edited by dannieh on 4/12/2009, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 5:29 am

I reckon Hope's whole outfit looks great, so it's definitely a yay for me! I never knew the combination of orange and green works so well until I saw this haha. However, I can't imagine wearing the short-like pants without that jacket; everything he wears seems to complement each other which makes it difficult to wear the pants without having to worry about the overall appearance.

I know I have used this photo a few times in the chatbox before, but yay or nay?
Spoiler:

Anyway, would this outfit work in real-life oh ho ho ho?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 10:46 am

Hope's outfit is awesome~ he doesn't look like a pumpkin with orange and green!
I'm not fond of the sweatpant-elastic part though, or yarn (?) texture of the jacket. I would prefer if the jacket was more stiff. In real life, I don't know if you can pull that off. I see lots of people would like to be monochromatic. But ++ on the shoes! I give it a yay~

<.< with the box. Looks like this was last-minute cosplay.

I reckon a girl can pull it off, but they would have to be as thin and tall as her!
In my opinion, I reckon she should have an extra black accessory, like a chunkier necklace/collar/choker, tie or scarf...I dunno, just think the white vest with the white top is too bright and a bit boring. Skirt, thigh-highs and sneakers are a plus.
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 11:41 am

I like hope's outfit, everything is a yay from me except his gloves and maybe his pants...

i must say, that last minute gundam model will get away with it XD

i like the girl's outfit, and i think all girls will be able to be able to pull it off, it's really similar to a school girl's outfit! i'd definitely leave the outfit as it is, brightness can be altered by giving her a darker shirt i think, and i really want her skirt... fashion - YAY or NAY 586340
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 1:11 pm

LOL HARU! the gundam outfit is a definate yay for you
you'd pull it off so well >8D

hrmm i never took notice of his jacket until now i researched it
since i cant really see what it looks like
so it goes something like this
Spoiler:
so the orange part was actually something suppose to be like shoulder linings or covers on the outside so like a little cape i guess
now i think the whole design is unique and awesome so its a definate yay for me now
especially the colors, cannot deny that the bright green-yellow goes really well with the orange
the only nay about the jacket would probably be the cape part, it looks good in that pic because it sits down, but in other pics it sticks out which looks hrmm i dunno
i dont like it when it sticks out i guess
Spoiler:

for Serah's outfit
shes a definate yay
the only thing i dont like is the inner sleeveless top
the bottom sides look abit.. odd
it compliments well but doesnt it look 'hard'
well yeah
people can wear her outfit in real life
the only problem is that it's hard to imagine since she has the figure and all
and we tend to think that it wouldnt look good on us cos we're bigger etc etc
but i reckon alot of people (i wont discriminate and say only females) would suit the outfit
and it doesnt have to be the whole outfit to cosplay.. you can just wear this and that
like the lacey checkered pleated skirt which can be worn with the knee socks
the thin vest with another top etc etc
SO her outfit is a definate YAY

Last edited by dannieh on 4/12/2009, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 1:19 pm

D= the pics don't work danny....
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 1:28 pm

Last edited by dannieh on 4/12/2009, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 1:37 pm

hahahaha... still no access....

yay!! it works!
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime4/12/2009, 8:43 pm

I think I could pull of the cardboard box gundam, theres always next halloween I guess...
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime6/12/2009, 1:38 pm

LOL love to see that~ 8D

--

now.. this is something thats old but its still quite popular amongst people
Country Road Tote bags (im sure you know which im talking about)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
SO! YAY or NAY

my opinion?
besides the fact that certain 'other' types of people wear it is gives an impression that you're one of them (what people say fobs & TBs (teenyboppers)) [i know people are going to say nay because of that reason so don't think that]
ill have to say its more of a YAY
without thinking the people and focusing on the style, design etc
the bag is spacious, easy to carry as it has handles and straps, comes in different colors, and has a simple design.. round with just one pocket on front.. - so its quite convenient
the nay about this would be that because it's so spacious- when you put too much stuff it in it, it goes round so that part makes it hard to carry. The handles are actually hard and hurt your shoulders when you bag is heavy or when worn too long. The pocket on one side of the back does not have a velcro or zipper so things can fall out easily. On the inside- theres nothing but space, no personal item pockets or anything. Oh and it is $60 dollars in stores. Special colors or limited editions can range from 60-100 dollars.

i have two (one accidentally bought on ebay and another my mom bought at a low price because it had a faulty zipper but my mom fixed it [tailors 8D]) and i do use it since its convenient for anime conventions, long trips, beaches.. outtings that require an amount to carry~
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime6/12/2009, 2:56 pm

oooh... those tote bags.... although i've never owned one

NAY! grawwwwr i've had many bad experiences from those bags! and since they're used ALOT at uni, and since at uni you had to carry heaps of books and stuff, i get whacked by them! and problem also is that i'm always in tight crowds... the owners don't say sorry either!

and everytime i look at the owners and relate to the bag they carry, i scoff at them >_> looking all cool and oblivious to the unfortunate around them...

otherwise

YAY for style it's a really cute tote bag and i'm sure lots of important stuff can be put in there
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime6/12/2009, 7:15 pm

ROFL KAI! hahaha dw~.. everyones reason for NAY is the same =).. im sure of it LOL
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime6/12/2009, 10:38 pm

NAY! They are overrated and pricy- meaning those who use it are just brand-hogs. (Let's play Spot the Most Common Colour with the Country Road Bags) And I am with Anna for this one. -.- I mean it is big enough to put a lot of stuff in but you don't have to have that type of bag. *imagines getting hit several times with the bag on the shoulder*
That is just my opinion though...<.< *feeling highly opinionated today*
I prefer this because there are just so many designs and it doesn't matter if it is fake or real, just like the cute pics on them:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime6/12/2009, 11:55 pm

LOL! its true that the CR bag is quite spacious.. i mean.. im sure it could fit a dead body in it hahaha but yes.. like you said boss - it is overrated and pricey hence thats the NAY of it.

hrmm i think its quite unfair you're comparing a certain country road bag with an overall brand type of bag.. so yeah.. Country Road does come in different type of simple bags like the shopping bags (which looks like you can make).. but as people say.. the brandname is what makes it expensive.. then again we ALL know that its expensive because of the brand trademark.. i mean the REAL tokidoki would be expensive.. around 60US for a medium sized bag.

about brand hogs.. its true that people buy the brand because its popular and it gets in the trend.. but im sure we all buy brands even if we dont know it and even if the brand is small
i mean im a cotton on brand person.. (cos its cheap)
but i understand what you mean about brandhogs though.. im just saying =)

ohh tokidoki!
definate YAY for me
(even though its females but anywho)-
many different styles and most of it are simple designs, its colorful and fun
the only bad thing is it is quite hard to wear.. in terms matching your outfit
or suiting 'you' because of the bright colors..
hrmm in my opinion- not everyone can carry this bag..
i guess its mainly targetting at younger people and people who have a 'bright' impression rather than serious..
most yay about this for me is the design of pictures.. cos its so cute.. (i love the cactus dog LOL)
there IS/ARE fake ones lying around where its just a normal bag.. with the colorful design on it.. but i guess the point is.. if you like the bag. .and if you think it looks good.. voila.. you're getting it (if the price is suitable)
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 4:41 pm

@mish: haha... i get hit below my shoulder, = = tis painful...
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 9:57 pm

I'm not much of a brand person. My mum makes me look for clothes that last long, which equals to not much choice. But my selection of clothes from SES is growing....

I know! I find such a hard time trying to match my colourful bag with anything, that's why I always carry around the black+white one (which is obviously fake). Lol, I know someone who got conned into paying around $50 for their TokiDoki bag but it was fake! (Sportsac not Sportec TokiDoki). Oh well, it's lovely~
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime7/12/2009, 11:51 pm

yeah.. i do that too.. look for clothes that last long and won't look old or go out of style
hahaha i'm really picky i have to say..

hahah its okay to carry fakes.. just that hopefully you havnt bought it for such a high price ..
it happens all the time though.. and it sucks =="
and you'd think in actual stores they'd sell real stuff..
i bought an OROTON shoulder bag at an oroton store in the city..
it looks like the usual design of orotons.. the pattern etc etc
turns out the bag was fake cos the tag sewed inside said 'OROON'
but yes i returned it and got a refund.. apparently they said that its 'faulty'..
my arse faulty.. >_>"

--

okay so moving on~ .. sorry im always changing to new topics
now these are quite in style and yes.. they've returned but with a hipster style
rather than over high hipped like before..
these are skinny jeans
i couldnt find appropriate pics so hope no one is offended.. but if its against the rules.. feel free to tell me so i can change em
females
Spoiler:

males
Spoiler:

my opinions?
for females they're alright.. so its a yay i guess
for males.. .. i'd say nay but depends on how it looks
i guess most females wouldnt wear it is because they're either overrated, uncomfortable at some point, and.. they make you look short for those who have skinnies that are baggy at the bottom..
though for females.. i think the tighter or fitter ones look better than loose ones
positive note.. they go great with heels, flats, tucked inside boots, certain style of shoes and i guess thongs..

for males.. MOST POINT they're uncomfortable..
definately for males.. loose ones look better then actual fit/tight ones .. seriously...
while searching for pics before i came across this pic.. thought i'd share to show my point.. (no im not checking them out).. to me .. very unsighty
Spoiler:

seriously.. that totally looks uncomfortable.. and its ew
moving on.. for shoes.. i'm going to say according to more looser ones not those tight ones =="
umm.. they go well with flat type of shoes like rabens (eurgh.. yknow what i mean.. just flat based.. thin soled.. .. i should mention about rabens for the next topic).. they go well with canvas shoes.. airs.. suede/leather shoes.. yeah.. the combination is endless i guess..

i own two pairs (my mom bought one and i bought one from jayjays).. and in my opinion.. they're uncomfortable.. especially in this hot weather.. your legs get sweaty.. and it feels tight here and there.. .. so skinnys on me are a NAY
anyhow .. this is my opinion.. but im open for critiques and all =)
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 12:05 am

urg.. CR bags... Nay
such a useless bag... seriously.. you put your stuff in there and it grows like mould, as in that bag is so not organize-able... (no pockets etc) so everything just... in there..
useless i say!
---
Skinny jeans
Females yay
i like skinny jeans on girls it shows off their nice curves and body shape <3 (i just sounded like a pervert)

Males nay
omg.. everything can go wrong... i dunno.. it doesnt look that comfy... on a guy...
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 3:01 pm

Skinny jeans are ok, but it is best if the person wearing them had a good figure.
Most of the female designs are ok. But no, not good for hot weather. Better stick with dresses~
Guys, it depends. I don't like it how most seem to be low-cut, to the point that it's literally falling down and you can already see more than the tag of guy's boxers or underwear <.<
Skinny jeans that are too tight are a NAY!
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 10:06 pm

*suddenly bad memories of low cut jeans worn by guys come flooding into anna's mind, the red, the blue, once there was a gold coloured one...*
ARRGHGHGHGHHHH!!!! TASUKETE!!!!!!!

ahem onto the topic, an absolute YAY on females if they have the figure, not too flabby, not too thin. low cut on girls annoy me, it tends to show most of the fat that first appears on your hips...

for guys, hmm again YAY but there are more risks involved, guys that have long skinny legs should avoid the skinny jeans because it just... looks... wrong!

... different coloured boxers......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime8/12/2009, 10:25 pm

LOL! i cannot agree with the above about the guys and boxers/undies =="
hrmm thats a good point kai.. about the love handles appearing for low cut on females
i never took noticed until i read that hahaha..
and about the guys with long skinny legs.. LOL!.. (it looks like they're wearing tights DX)
.. eurgh~ shivers just went down my spine

hrmm i wont move one to new topic next but feel free to post new topics to move on (was about to talk about raben shoes >_>")
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime28/12/2009, 11:08 pm

hmmm i seem to be venting alot in the above posts!

these triangular scarves!

Spoiler:
fashion - YAY or NAY Bluefly_blog_flypaper_scarf

yay or nay?

i'd go yay for style and looks comfy too, and looks good on a plain t-shirt if you're lazy =D
nay because i'm yet to find and buy one ;_; where do they gather?
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime28/12/2009, 11:21 pm

Yay, nice style! They do brighten up and add more detail to plain and boring tops. I don't think they look good with cluttered (with pics/icons/logos) colourful tops.
You have to find good quality scarves too! Dunno where though....I don't have one either.
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime29/12/2009, 11:59 am

YAY for the non overated ones..
overated ones include the usual checkered ones...
they're not in style as much as around 2 years ago?.. but yes they're a yay
a great accessory to add and can be worn with almost everything... almost
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime26/1/2010, 4:07 am

*Ahem* Time to unleash the skills that I have apparently picked up from playing Style Boutique, which is pretty non-existent but there's no harm in pretending, right? XD

Definitely a yay if you can combine the scarf with a simple semi-vintage top, but the only downside is that it won't contrast well with certain colours such as blue. Oh who am I kidding? I know nothing about fashion! *goes back to hide in the corner*
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fashion - YAY or NAY   fashion - YAY or NAY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fashion - YAY or NAY
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next