Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie March

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Graustein
Cheesy Member
Graustein

ESB Points : 0

Zombie March Empty
PostSubject: Zombie March   Zombie March I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 1:30 pm

Howdy all!

On the 27th of March, a mass zombie march has been organised. This serves a dual purpose:

Firstly, to get a bunch of people walking lurching around the city like zombies, covered in fake blood, and generally being zombies. Because awesome.

That alone should be enough reason to go. However, there's also a political reason: This march is serving to raise awareness and bring attention to Australia's R18 games issue. I've summarised the issue below for those who care (warning: I feel passionately on this subject):

Spoiler:

So. I know that this sounds like something extremely political, and for some people (me included) it is. HOWEVER. Even if you don't feel strongly about R18 games in Australia, the fact remains that a huge crowd ravenous horde of zombies marching lurching around the city is Awesome. Yes, Awesome in this context is a proper noun.

For those who care, this is a great opportunity to make your voice heard and put pressure on Atkinson to stop being a prick.

For those who do not care, this is a great opportunity to be a zombie.

Everyone wins!

The event has a Facebook page for those interested in it. For those who don't want to click on the link:

Date: Saturday, 27th of March
Time: 11:00-16:00

You don't need to bring your own zombie outfit or fake blood, but you WILL want to wear clothes that you don't mind getting fake blood on. I've been told that stuff stains. The information I've given above regards the event itself. The club may wish to pick a different rendezvous time/place, and then go to Hyde Park as a group.

Finally: I know I've played up the political aspect of this event, but I'd just like to emphasise that an interest in R18 games is not required in any way, shape or form to attend. All you need is to show up and have fun being a zombie. It's probably not a good idea to show up if you actively object to the implementation of an R18 rating, since showing up means you at least condone it, but that's all. It promises to be an awesome day, irrespective of one's political leanings, so let's not let that get in the way of some good clean zombie fun.
Back to top Go down
elcd
Cheesy Member
elcd

Zombie March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie March   Zombie March I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 1:35 pm

I'd be keen, but what's the bet that only 50 people show up...
Back to top Go down
Graustein
Cheesy Member
Graustein

Zombie March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie March   Zombie March I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 1:40 pm

elcd wrote:
I'd be keen, but what's the bet that only 50 people show up...
Not terribly likely. The Facebook group is almost 600-strong at this point, and the last one, in November, had more than 150 people. Not an immense shambling horde, true, but that's still a lot of zombies making themselves heard. Well, assuming they actually said anything other than "brains".

Edit: That 600 is people saying "I will definitely come". There's also almost 800 maybes, and over a thousand people who have been invited, but have not replied. We all know how plans can go awry, but I'm pretty optimistic about this one.
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

Zombie March Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie March   Zombie March I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 2:03 pm

yosh! time to break out the guns.. touche~ resident evil come to life >=D
im joking (>=D).. definately cant go..
birthday :S
have fun and love to see pics
Back to top Go down