Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change of website address

Go down 
+3
haru
~Suigintou~
giga_sennin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
giga_sennin
giga_sennin

ESB Points : 60

Change of website address Empty
PostSubject: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime2/9/2009, 2:34 am

i dunno if you guys are aware of this but our address bar has the uws part in the beginning
since we arent actually affilated with the uni if they find out i dont know ifu guys are gonna get in trouble or not....
i spoken to some peeps in the club already....might wanan look into that
hehe
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime2/9/2009, 3:00 am

Oops, I was meaning to ask Phil but I have been so caught up in assessments...yes! Finished PNP!
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime2/9/2009, 8:20 am

Although the club isn't formally affiliated with UWS yet (the procedures are still being developed), it is still "technically" recognized by uwsconnect and hence connected to the uni in some sort of way. There are also other societies which have 'UWS' as part of their web address, and since there's been no official warning - I assume it's not much of a problem (as of yet).

Anyhow, I'll change the web address if the club ever receives a warning; however, we can say something like UWS = Ultra Woot Society. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime2/9/2009, 9:44 am

the 'Ultra Win Syndicate' Cool
Back to top Go down
Drocell_Cain
Admin
Drocell_Cain

ESB Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 7:54 am

Phil I think we need to take out the UWS asap.
Back to top Go down
http://koneko801.deviantart.com
haru
Admin
haru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 8:34 am

@Celeste: Yep, the new website address will be "www.mangakadesu.tk" starting by tomorrow. Unless you guys have other suggestions for a domain name?
Back to top Go down
Drocell_Cain
Admin
Drocell_Cain

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 7:57 pm

Nope...works for me ^^
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 8:01 pm

.tk sites usually are filled with ad's though >< thats my only concern
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 8:30 pm

Fortunately this site isn't filled with a single ad~ Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 8:35 pm

lol mad, tk must have changed their rules or something. =]
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime4/9/2009, 12:00 am

I was wondering why the place looked so clean =o It just didn't really occur to me what it was until you mentioned it. Hope it's not like a trial or anything "we'll give you a taste of what it's like to pay first, before we let you suffer'
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime4/9/2009, 12:10 am

Oh, it's definitely nothing like that. Most of the sites which uses the 'tk' domain are usually contaminated with ads because of its host (not tk itself). The tk domain address does not affect the website in any way - just think of it as an alternate link that re-directs the users to the original link, which in this case is http://uwsanimedesu.host-ed.net/Welcome.html. Anyhow, this site will always (hopefully) be cleared from ads thanks to the host sever... so don't expect any soon!
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime4/9/2009, 12:17 am

Haru wrote:
Oh, it's definitely nothing like that. Most of the sites which uses the 'tk' domain are usually contaminated with ads because of its host (not tk itself). The tk domain address does not affect the website in any way - just think of it as an alternate link that re-directs the users to the original link, which in this case is http://uwsanimedesu.host-ed.net/Welcome.html. Anyhow, this site will always (hopefully) be cleared from ads thanks to the host sever... so don't expect any soon!

http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

I used to have a free shared webhost that was, like most other free domains, pretty long winded. www.mydomain.this.that.blah.com. So to shorten it, id register it with dot tk. However, unless u actually had a premium account with .tk, they too would put an add (of themselves) at the top and bottom of ur page. This was back in 05 so im not sure if they're still doing that.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:20 am

interesting.. didnt know that website's are kinda easy to make?
i think... xD
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:22 am

lol depends on the process used. Most providers out there will actually also offer some sort of GUI that allows users to create simple sites using a drag and drop interface, though they are clumsy and the client side code produced usually isnt readable (which is a bummer if u ever decide to get serious and your web developer needs 2 actually read it).

If you want to actually build something that has decent functionality though, you'd probably want to hire a web developer...ie- me! LOL
Back to top Go down
giga_sennin
giga_sennin

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 8:50 pm

whateva the website name changes its fine as long as we dont have uws stuff on it since we like to screen fansubs or other anime that might be licensed dun wanna see u guys get in trouble......even potientially we shuldnt take that chance hehe
Back to top Go down
Drocell_Cain
Admin
Drocell_Cain

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime6/9/2009, 11:16 pm

UWS has officially been scratched from the webiste name. ^^
Back to top Go down
giga_sennin
giga_sennin

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime7/9/2009, 10:25 am

hmmmmmmm are we still abel to keep our psts and screen names once we change the web address or we have to reregister again
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime7/9/2009, 5:01 pm

giga, i dont think u get the concept of dot tk. Its just like a redirect. Its the same website and same forum, just now accessible from two domain names. UWSanimedesu.forumotion, OR www.whatever.tk
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime22/8/2010, 10:50 pm

wow almost a year
should we also celebrate the changed adress too! aha we should...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of website address   Change of website address I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of website address
Page 1 of 1