Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations

Go down 
+6
Miss_Jazzalyn
Cytomander
Florissa
chocho
Kaifanatic
haru
10 posters
AuthorMessage
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations Empty
PostSubject: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 6:33 pm

Class A
Kaifanatic
Otoha
Miss_Jazzalyn

Class B

Odomonkey
chocho
Bluna

Class C
tofusama
haru
hiroshima_X

Class D
Lann
nolimbs
yulina

Class F
~Suigintou~
Florissa
Cytomander

Note: yulina is actually in class D.

What is an ESB?

An Electronic Summoning Battle is a system where you can summon a personified avatar of yourself and battle other students' avatars.
The battles are determined by ESB points, and to win a battle your points must be higher than your opponents.
Your ESB points are calculated from your placement test marks (real-life assessments later on), forum ESB and multiplier bonuses which are determined by the action of summoning.

How can I join ParraNOIA'S ESB?

Take the placement test and you'll be allocated into a class respective of your marks.
The goal of the ESB is to become the top class, and to achieve this you must battle it out with other classes. If you and your classmates win, you'll be promoted to the class that you defeated. For example: Class F defeats Class C. Class F then becomes Class C and vice versa for the losing class.
Whoever is in Class A at the end of the semester may be rewarded with a prize.

How are the ESB points calculated?

[placement marks + (class points x class multiplier)] + summon bonus

Notable change: each class will have a fixed amount of forum ESB. (the ESB points under your username) This will now be known as Class ESB points.
The multipliers are generated when you summon. See the summon guide!
Don't worry, your original ESB points will return to normal once this game is over.

Class A - 1000 Class points
Class B - 1100 Class Points
Class C - 1200 Class Points
Class D - 1350 Class Points
Class F - 1500 Class Points

So you're probably wondering why the lower classes have more class points. It's an attempt to balance the system out so lower-ranked classes have a chance to beat the top-ranked ones.

Demonstration below:
Spoiler:

TL;DR Version:
Make a character, take the class placement test and learn how to summon.

Last edited by haru on 22/8/2012, 12:06 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 8:21 pm

heh, in class F and already trying to take out class A? keep dreaming and studying over your desk made of fruit boxes
*smirk*
Back to top Go down
chocho
Angry Member
chocho

ESB Points : 691

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 8:51 pm

And to provide some actual constructive feedback:

I was thinking instead of having only a single ESB Teacher supervising all the tests, we could have multiple teachers from a range of disciplines like in the anime, but tailored for Uni courses rather than High School Classes e.g. Science, Business, Computing, Nursing, Arts etc. That way, teachers would be randomly appointed to ESB rounds and students who are studying in the same course as the supervisor will have a multiplier boost to their ESB points and could potentially tip the scales in their favour.

All I could think of currently, but will think on it some more later.
Back to top Go down
chocho
Angry Member
chocho

ESB Points : 691

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 9:06 pm

Also, just for reference here are the official rules for the ESB:

Fumizuki Academy Rules for Fights Related to
Classroom Facilities and the Summoner Test War

1. In principle, the fight is between classes. Under the supervision of a teacher of any subject, students may activate the summoning system to summon their Beings. Also, a fight that uses cumulative scores must be supervised by the Head Teacher.

2. A student may have only one Being. The strength of a student's Being is equal to their last test score. The cumulative score is the sum of every subject's latest test score.

3. A student's score will be reduced proportional to the strength that their Being loses in the fight. Once a student's score is reduced to zero, their Being will die and they will receive remedial classes in the remedial room.

4. A student may replenish their score infinitely as long as their Being is not dead.

5. If a student fails to perform the summoning after their opponent summons their Being, that student will be considered forfeiting the fight, and therefore will receive remedial classes in the remedial room as punishment.

6. The valid range in which a Being can be summoned is a circle with a radius of ten meters from the supervising teacher (may vary between teachers).

7. The fight may only be carried out by the Beings. Any summoner who is involved in actual fighting will be punished.

8. The war ends only when the opposing class representative is defeated. As long as they are under teacher supervision, a student may use any method or tactic in order to win the War. This is the 'war' that uses test scores as weapons. Those who wish to participate must be mentally prepared.

In particular, I think Rules 1,2,8 are worth a thought. The members in each class with the highest ESB points should be the Class Representative for their respective class. In reality, it doesn't change the system much but strategically it means that when the Class Representative is defeated, the victory will go to the opposing team. This way, even lower classes might have a chance at defeating the higher ranked classes by hammering away at the Class Rep's ESB points until it reaches zero. Also there should be two types of ESB Battles: Battles using their most recent test scores and battles using their cumulative test scores. Battles conducted using their aggregate ESB points will be all-or-nothing. Participants who decide to enter in the all-or-nothing battle and whose ESB get depleted to zero will be unable to participate in another battle until they finish a set quantity of remedial classes.

Sounds overly complex, I know, Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations 30370

Last edited by chocho on 18/8/2012, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Florissa
Chocolate-filled Member
Florissa

ESB Points : 135

Character sheet
Role-playing:

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 9:20 pm

oh gosh i really did stuff up that placement test.. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 9:27 pm

chocho wrote:
And to provide some actual constructive feedback:

I was thinking instead of having only a single ESB Teacher supervising all the tests, we could have multiple teachers from a range of disciplines like in the anime, but tailored for Uni courses rather than High School Classes e.g. Science, Business, Computing, Nursing, Arts etc. That way, teachers would be randomly appointed to ESB rounds and students who are studying in the same course as the supervisor will have a multiplier boost to their ESB points and could potentially tip the scales in their favour.

All I could think of currently, but will think on it some more later.

I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 9:41 pm

Woah...I didn't think I'd done that well...
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
yulina
Bored Member
yulina

ESB Points : 422

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme
Secondary Role:: Jotei

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime18/8/2012, 9:49 pm

LOLOLOL I'm not in class A anymore, how cool it is

*whisper*Phil, can you rank me down 1 more class (class D) *hand over a Gouburn Valley milk chocolate flavoured milk bottle* Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations 371480
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime19/8/2012, 10:57 pm

At least in Class F, we have dreams~ and something to hope for!
F for Fabulous MAX!
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime19/8/2012, 11:55 pm

We should challenge D to avenge our loss to A.
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 1:16 am

Tweaked the system a bit by introducing fixed class points. So instead of using your forum ESB points (the ones under your username), you will have class points instead.

Class A - 1000 Class points
Class B - 1100 Class Points
Class C - 1200 Class Points
Class D - 1350 Class Points
Class F - 1500 Class Points

Pretty much the calculations are mostly the same, except there will also be a multiplier for the class points (just like the summon multiplier).

So the ESB formula is... [placement marks + (class points x class multiplier)] x summon multiplier.

If you want to know more about the calculation, check the step by step demonstration in the first post.
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 10:47 am

So A is at a disandvantage now? I thought A would be strongest hence hardest to beat...
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 12:34 pm

The different subject idea sounds cool but I imagine it'd be hard to do when we voted to base this off real life test scores because obviously not everyone does every subject.

Maybe...placements could be decided based on both the placement test AND the subject that a student does? because when you compare a subject that's all like "HDs and credits for EVERYONE" with a subject that's all like "HDs? Lolno", the assessment marks are going to favor the non-law student each time.

So with my idea, if 3 law students got 99, 98 and 97 on the placement test, then instead of all 3 going to class A, theyd end up in A, B, and C respectively.
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 12:41 pm

Otoha wrote:
So A is at a disandvantage now? I thought A would be strongest hence hardest to beat...

You've still got the most advantages because of the test scores.

This just makes it so no one is ever put in a position where there is absolutely no chance of winning.

Last edited by Cytomander on 20/8/2012, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yulina
Bored Member
yulina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 12:42 pm

@Lloyd: Chalenge accepted
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 12:46 pm

yulina wrote:

I don't have the points to piss away on a formal challenge, so you'll have to wait till Michelle gets on, lol.
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 7:28 pm

Cytomander wrote:
yulina wrote:

I don't have the points to piss away on a formal challenge, so you'll have to wait till Michelle gets on, lol.
cept she'd also have the same esb points as you 8D
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 7:46 pm

Kaifanatic wrote:
Cytomander wrote:
yulina wrote:

cept she'd also have the same esb points as you 8D

Well, my placement test score is fudging crap, so my statement still stands. Michelle's in a better position to make formal challenges. I need to hoard as many points as I can if I want to be able to even beat D people.
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 9:56 pm

We should do team logos, to add some personality to the rather dry class stuff.

I'm thinking one of the two for F:

Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations 20u3gaeOfficial Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations 350jgv6

Of course, I could do something a bit more inline with Florissa/Michelle's tastes, if they want.
Back to top Go down
yulina
Bored Member
yulina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime20/8/2012, 10:11 pm

Huhm, I think for the placement test, Michelle's got the highest score but somehow Phil let her stay in class F. She is really himeji of class F. So for every one wanting to chalenge class F, they might have to sacrify 1/3 of the matches for sure unless her summon multiplier is low surprisingly like someone's one few days ago ^^!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations   Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Class Placements - UPDATE in official rules and ESB calculations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ESB Field-
Jump to: