Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

whats ur favourite film and why?

Go down 
+4
Odomonkey
Clodreaver
Bluna
Jay1990
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

ESB Points : 0

whats ur favourite film and why? Empty
PostSubject: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 7:37 pm

Hey all. What can I say, I'm bored and I need a new movie to watch (im kind of a critic by nature). So whats ur fav film of all time and why?

Mine is prob Scarface =D Its motivating in a way, and really nails the "rags to riches" theme which I love.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 9:00 pm

ooh, i have a lot...
-The Godfather.. omg classic! >< WHY? GO watch it!
-Ironman, robert downey jr >< hawt! and i thought the film was a good interpretation of the comic =D
-Pride and prejudice, i dont care what people think! i love the book too >< this film makes me so emotional and i wanna find a Mr Darcy T-T
-Indiana Jones the serise, it's a great movie kinda like an innocent western adventure film. Also the 4th just for Shia LeBeouf <3
-The Bourne Identity becasue it has an interesting plot!
-American Beauty, it's just filled with so many techniques! loved it >< even the music
-Bladerunner, becasue it is an awsome 80's film about the perception of the future of the 21st century

yeah i think i should stop, lol
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 9:28 pm

Bluna wrote:
ooh, i have a lot...
-The Godfather.. omg classic! >< WHY? GO watch it!
-Ironman, robert downey jr >< hawt! and i thought the film was a good interpretation of the comic =D
-Pride and prejudice, i dont care what people think! i love the book too >< this film makes me so emotional and i wanna find a Mr Darcy T-T
-Indiana Jones the serise, it's a great movie kinda like an innocent western adventure film. Also the 4th just for Shia LeBeouf <3
-The Bourne Identity becasue it has an interesting plot!
-American Beauty, it's just filled with so many techniques! loved it >< even the music
-Bladerunner, becasue it is an awsome 80's film about the perception of the future of the 21st century

yeah i think i should stop, lol

Godfather I liked, but its one of those films i'd only watch once. Even though it has my fav actor of all time Al Pacino in it...

Ironman i didnt like, it was too unrealistic imo. Like I said lol I'm a critic.

The rest of them I havent seen. I'll b sure 2 put em on my list and let u know what I think ^^
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 9:31 pm

What the... OBVIOUSLY Ironman isnt realistic it's a fictional character!
you just gotta read western comic to understand the hype (yeah i read western comic as well as eastren.. ying and yang)
yeah.... i dunno if you'll like the others.........
>______> my taste is completely different to yours...
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 9:36 pm

lol okay let me explain:

1. When whatever his name is is performing surgery on himself to insert that new generator or w/e into his chest and he calls up that chick to help him with it? What bs. If that was a real situation he'd have a team of medical professionals doing it. I think it was just scripted that way to say "oh look at me, im iron man. I'm too good for modern medicine"

2. When he's testing the flight shoes, he's flying over a dozen priceless classic cars. What bs again. You'd do something like that in a proper testing zone, not in ur garage.

3. The reason why he has the generator in his chest is to prevent shrapnel from entering his heart. That was fine at that point in time, however if the shrapnel was not removed he's still get infected and die eventually.

So yeh just like that i didnt like it. I dunno if our tastes differ yet lol since i dont know u that well
Back to top Go down
Clodreaver
Bored Member
Clodreaver

ESB Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 11:14 pm

Coach Carter
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime3/9/2009, 11:56 pm

Favourite movies of all time:
The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
Kung Fu Hustle

The first two just because they're nice, in that awesome inspiring kinda way. The last just because it's plain awesome funny xD
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:09 am

>__>
1. He doesnt need to have medial professional to help him insert the new generator inside him, snice the procedure is easy, and low key and less people asking question etc etc. its just like that in the comics

2.well he is Tony stark, he's rich so yeah they are "priceless to him", why would he bother to go to a proper testing zone when he is testing in secret with less peole involved. dur.

3.what the.. heck, >__> you just like wrote the answer then typed the question.
the generator is there to prevent the sharpnel entering his heart (like a magnet). infected how? if the generator is intacted in him to prevent the sharpnel moving.

its just that it's obviously fictional, you just can't base this in real life situation, but it's the entertainment that you just got to embrace.. people in that "world" have super powers and obviously in reality we dont. fictional genre are all BS anyways made up >__> just pure entertainment
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:19 am

Bluna wrote:
>__>
1. He doesnt need to have medial professional to help him insert the new generator inside him, snice the procedure is easy, and low key and less people asking question etc etc. its just like that in the comics

2.well he is Tony stark, he's rich so yeah they are "priceless to him", why would he bother to go to a proper testing zone when he is testing in secret with less peole involved. dur.

3.what the.. heck, >__> you just like wrote the answer then typed the question.
the generator is there to prevent the sharpnel entering his heart (like a magnet). infected how? if the generator is intacted in him to prevent the sharpnel moving.

its just that it's obviously fictional, you just can't base this in real life situation, but it's the entertainment that you just got to embrace.. people in that "world" have super powers and obviously in reality we dont. fictional genre are all BS anyways made up >__> just pure entertainment

Procedure is easy? Yeah right lol if i remember correctly he did nearly kill himself doing it. Replacing a generator thats six inches into your chest is simple lol sure.

Lets not look at the whole "car" incident from a value point of view, but from a scientiffic / engineering point of view. When you're conducting an experiment of any magnitude, you do it under set conditions where you isolate the environment from all variables other than those desired. What if something had gone wrong and he'd blown his legs off? LOL just not realistic. And even if he is filthy rich, not gonna stay that way if he keeps destorying his property.

My third point was in relation to bacterial infection. I just dont see why the generator is needed to power some sort of magnet as opposed to just removing the shrapnel from his chest. That huge steel thing is def going to cause infections unless its properly maintained and cleaned. And since stark is too cool for medical practice, i doubt he'd be doing that.

I warned u, I am a critic LOL. Dont mean to offend u since ur an IM fan =]
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:40 am

=__=;

i got 5 words
Go read the comic Ironman.

lol, especially some serise when he is teams up with siperman
whatever, i still go tonnes of movies i want to see
Back to top Go down
dipi2dipi
Angry Member
dipi2dipi

ESB Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:41 am

My all time fav:

-The Mummy: well, i basically like movies that i don't get sick of after watching it many times. And mummy's one of them, the way the characters interact amongst each other are fun and nicely done. The 2nd movie was alright, still entertaining, but the 3rd one...yuck!
-Forrest Gump: yeah i like it too oda. I've only watched this recently and loved it, it was beautiful. and funny so that the sad parts didnt really drag the movie's mood down too much.
-Notting Hill: even at the times when i weren't really into romance, this movie was such a delight to watch. Still is. Leaves you with such a happy feeling.
-Practical Magic: love it. I liked the music in here and how nicely the magic, romance and reality was weaved together.
-Richie Rich: really loved it as a kid. I'd still watch it now and enjoy it.
-Indiana Jones: yes, i love it. Action/adventure. I hope they make another oneXD
-Devil Wears Prada: always entertaining to watch. And the development of the character, and love watching Miranda look down on everyone-so funny.XD
-Pan's Labyrinth: love the black fairytale. So realistic but enchanting.
And i like alot of walt disney films. Mostly the classic ones.
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 2:42 am

ah, I'm not much of a fan of comics =] Tho I did enjoy all the old cartoons from the 90's. Ironman, spiderman, batman, x-men, etc etc. They were the shyt =D
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 3:07 am

@Daisy: nice nice ^0^

@Jay: dot dot dot..
if the comics is "Shyt =D" how did the creator of Marvel Stan Lee become a legend.
if you are a critic i think, you also have to think about people's feelings aswell.
Back to top Go down
Jay1990
Cheesy Member
Jay1990

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime5/9/2009, 5:51 pm

lol I didnt say the comics were "shyt", i said that the cartoons were "THE shyt". i.e- the cartoons were awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sutcliffe
Cheesy Member
Sutcliffe

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime18/10/2009, 11:43 am

I love the SAW series and Across the Universe....I can watch them over and over and love them even more each time I see them!!!

~ <3

Back to top Go down
http://abstractnightmare.deviantart.com
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime22/8/2010, 11:43 pm

i wish more people could be bothered to like post here
currently
inception was a great Film!
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime20/4/2012, 1:04 am

HETALIA: PAINT IT WHITE

BECAUSE RANDOM COUNTRIES THAT MAKE NO SENSE WITH ALIENS

DUH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime20/4/2012, 1:14 am

Aliens/Predator/Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Some of the best sci-fi films ever made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats ur favourite film and why?   whats ur favourite film and why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats ur favourite film and why?
Page 1 of 1