Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -

Go down 
+14
wsms3
Hira
haru
jadems
kano
Drocell_Cain
mentalrunawaytashi
Kaifanatic
Bluna
viviff9
dannieh
gagA
Otoha
~Suigintou~
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/4/2010, 10:58 pm

@Will: No, I read the fine print and there is no fees involved. It's just that we have to advertise that this club is affiliated with the Hive Student Union. Haha, maybe! Unless someone else wants to do it.

@Otoha: Lol are you good at organising things and keeping them updated and in order?
Problem is since the Hive are trying to be more politically correct and enforce democracy, we have to actually hold a formal meeting before the club to elect and delegate positions and to "pass a motion" in favour of affiliating with the Hive. ((Gah why does passing a motion remind me of nursing..))

Oh, and next club meeting Thursday 29th April, I will be handing out "formal club registration forms" so anyone who is willing to give their details out for the Hive, feel free to complete it.
I need at least 10 people (minimum) so that ensures that this is a proper club. But if everyone signed it in, then we can roughly calculate how many people there are, and possibly how many SMASH tickets we can get if there is enough money left over.

I think it's a typo, it's $500 a club/society. Maybe the Hive has $5000 to spend for all the clubs.

(If you don't want us to affiliate the Hive= no funding >.<)
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22/4/2010, 1:17 am

Seems like you have got a lot of work ahead of you, Michelle! Just skimmed through the club affiliation guide on the Hive's website, and you were right about the paperwork. There's a heck load of processes and procedures to do before we're officially recognised. o.o If it's too much work, then I'm more than willing to help out with the club's constitution or whatever else.
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 6:48 pm

It was that very paperwork that killed Bobs Poker Syndicate =[
Back to top Go down
jadems
jadems

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 8:42 pm

...wait... oh no, you guys are just like the Mahjong club >.>

SMASH, I want in!
duude, give me a sign, and I will advertise! XD
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 9:14 pm

Your a member of the Mahjong club Jadems?

Lol Odom the reason the syndicate died was because we only had 2 meetings ever >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
jadems
jadems

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 9:18 pm

And that's what you got out of my post!?
I am the mahjong society! (but don't tell the president that >.>)

oh, was that the poker syndicate i played with a few weeks back?
I want in! with money, too? XD
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 9:20 pm

^bahahahahaha
there's a mahjong club? Or is it that anime called Saki which was about mahjong?
Hey new dp! Where's that from otoha?

Omg we should do a mass group cosplay, and let characters mind the table 8D it'll attract a nice bit of attention no?
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 10:34 pm

Gahh, I lost my usb so it's back to square one. >.< But I'm determined!
Lol I already know about the Mahjong club, in fact I attended one of the meetings and played a few games! ^.^
Ooh group cosplay? from what series though?
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 10:47 pm

@Kai: It's pokemon
Spoiler:

Hmm I wanna play Mahjong but don't understand the scoring (I have a grasp of the basics)

Don't think a group cosplay would work because the club has very different taste among members and some people don't want to/lack sewing skills/lazy/cheapskates though that doesn't mean the people tending the stand can't cosplay
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 10:58 pm

The scoring depends on what kind of tiles you are aiming for. If you choose to do a random suit and win, then that would be the lowest whereas if you match with tiles from the same series, then that is considered a big win.

Hmm true. We all like different anime and it's hard to get everyone to cosplay and agree on one anime alone.
I say, our best chance is to let everyone just dress up whatever they want.
Back to top Go down
jadems
jadems

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23/4/2010, 11:01 pm

wooo, mahjong XD

Gimme stuff to wear to SMASH!?! hehe
Back to top Go down
Hira
Hira

ESB Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 1:44 pm

yer that would be a good idea if everyone came as a mix. Coz if we chose ONE theme some people there may have No idea who we are.

Apart from the badges for now, are we going to be selling anything else?
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 3:27 pm

Lol jadems, i have a costume of mist from fire emblem if you want xD (it's not accurate though)
Spoiler:

@otoha: *gasp* pokemon!! Seriously i couldnt tell from just the face!

Hmm what i see other stalls do is they sell prints, so if anyone wants to sell their arts i guess they can, ooh also i once saw this game they had, what you do is you put a couple of character names in a box and a customer comes along to pick 2 names and an artist draws them together! But i dunno how that works, should've tried the game last year ._.
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 3:32 pm

But Anna, that's going to be hard! T-T I get really intimidated by what the other stalls are offering..plus if you spend the whole day drawing, the quality goes down.
I'm going to start mass-producing plushies~ I'm thinking of making more cookie plushies and maybe bread plushies. ^.^ Any other plushie ideas? (not too big)
Back to top Go down
Hira
Hira

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 7:31 pm

You need help with the plushies? I can offer to help (well the best of my abilities lol) I'm just wondering the money for the plushies, would that be funded by HIVE?

I guess we can do cute/chibi pokemons? O_o like the famous old school ones (those were my favs since i remember those the most) But they seem hard ><

I see alot of those milk plushies in Morning glory etc. tofu? rice bowls? I got a few if you want me to bring as examples.
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 10:11 pm

Haha, maybe if I include that in our expense chart then it's possible!
^.^ Pokemon do look kinda hard. T-T Oooh tofu is possible. Yes please~ any help is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/4/2010, 10:44 pm

hurm... don't we have to make sure the stuff aren't copyrighted?
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/4/2010, 10:37 pm

Yeah, so I guess Pokemon isn't allowed. But I saw on DA that someone made Ace Attorney plushies for their convention.
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/4/2010, 11:28 pm

The general idea for selling stuff at cons is that if it affects the license holder in anyway then its bad, if not its ok (eg. pokemon plushies could be considered as taking profit away from nintendo who sell such items, however badges would not be considered as taking away profit)

I don't really like the idea of plushies since i get the feeling no one will buy them and that will be wasted effort, also no one is really going to buy a plushy unless its something from mainstream and mainstream is licensed so we can't.
Back to top Go down
Hira
Hira

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 1:50 pm

Yer...good point since we ARE competing with sellers who are actually selling factory made ones (which would be better quality etc.)

I remember a few yrs ago at animania there was a chick who was selling chibi manga art of customers.
They paid her money like $4 for a small pic, and she asked what did they wanted to be drawn in. eg. sailor moon costume and they came back later for it.

It was pretty good money since all she did was a basic pencil drawing but do we have any good manga artists in the club who are willing to be there all day? Oo
Back to top Go down
Hira
Hira

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 1:55 pm

I also randomly came up with another idea...how about a photoshoot theme thingy? Oo

Since me and my friends are going to be there in maid costumes we can sorta so the Japanese cafe thing? like have a nice backdrop with nice chairs or tables to make it look like a mini cafe and let people take pics with us (and anyone else in the club who is willing?) and like for a few dollars we can print out the photos on photo paper and sell those?

but thats just a random idea that would be based on how big the area is and funding and how much trouble it would be. I just don't want to disappointed if our plushies don't sell well. T-T
Back to top Go down
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 3:02 pm

Oh lol that reminded me of ouran xD we need some hot host members!

I remember SUanime sold maid headbands last year, and another club sold cat ears and bells, haruhi arm bands? Yellow ribbons?
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 5:30 pm

Haha ok! Time to change idea! Then I guess it's a good thing that I told the other unis that we were selling plushies..when we will be actually selling other things!

Still not sure with the drawing thing. I hope they don't request something too difficult. @.@ Or cluttered etc.

Lol I kinda like that idea, though not sure it would be possible, since there would be only one wall, and I doubt we are allotted that much space, considering it is Town Hall, this year. Funding is still going to have to wait, -.- middle of writing stuff up, like election of office bearers.

Keep the ideas coming.
Back to top Go down
Hira
Hira

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 5:53 pm

(this is just another idea) if someone has good comp skills we can do something like those japanese photobooths? just have a green screen at the back then someone can add in a background or props on the computer, this might be able to save room instead of using chairs/tables. we can put together a bunch of fun random props for people to wear also during the pic. eg. ears, masks, crowns etc.

but the space problem is gonna be blah. coz i have no idea how big it would be since I've never been to smash to know how big it is.
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26/4/2010, 6:17 pm

Hmm green screen? This means we also need to get access to powerpoints and a printer too.
Ok, I need to sort things out first. It may be possible, I wonder who is good with computers that can do this?
Yup, still not sure with space. I only went to SMASH last year but that was at Roundhouse UNSW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -   SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA - - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMASH Stall for PARRANOIA -
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next