Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~

Go down 
+17
giga_sennin
PonySlaystation
Bluna
Clodreaver
Jeshii
FMV
dragonfly-009
viviff9
elcd
Miss_Jazzalyn
Isa
~Suigintou~
hyokiru_01
Otoha
Kaifanatic
dannieh
haru
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ Empty
PostSubject: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime30/1/2010, 3:32 am

Lol, considering there's rarely any discussions on anime these days, I thought it'd be a good idea to open up a new topic!

Remember the good old days when you first set your eyes on an episode of Love Hina, became highly obsessed with the latest episode of Pokemon and was looking forward to Sailor Moon kicking some butt? It was a period when anime came into our existence, taught us that justice shall always prevail over evil as long as you take 20 episodes to magically conjure up a spirit bomb, and most importantly, gave false hope to all the guys out there that 1 in every 5 persons will have their own harem. Haw haw. Jokes aside, you could definitely say that anime has influenced our lives and shaped who we are today. It made us happy, it made us sad, and it has undoubtedly been a roller-coaster of a ride throughout the years.

Oh, and before I forget the main point of this topic, what was your first anime series that you have watched?

Personally, if you exclude the general stuff on Cheez TV such as Pokemon and the likes, my first real taste of anime was when a friend lent me his boxset of Love Hina! I immediately loved it after just watching a few episodes. It felt refreshing and unique to say the least, and I couldn't help myself but feel sad when the final episode was over. So, what about you guys? Your first ever series and what was your impressions? =)
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime30/1/2010, 10:39 am

Hahahha love Hina haru Wink
umm my first anime that was in Japanese was astroboy and this was before watching the cheeztv stuff so it's ages ago
I remember I was so into astroboy even though I ididnt know what it said since no subtitles yet... It was so awesome.. I remember a phase when I wanted astroboy hair and my parent wouldn't let me and I was crying.
but after all that.. First anime that I recognized as anime as I grew up is bubblegum crisis Tokyo 2040..
It was year 5 when I went to rent at video stores and I'd borrow it cos it looks awesome.. The first video was in jap with subtitles and got so hooked onto it.. Start of my love for Japanese anime.. And music too since I downloaded the op and Ed since it's really catchy.. For some reason I would always imitate their fighting moves with the flips and jumps..
First downloaded anime was around year 8 and I stumbled across
a site advertising bleach and so I'd download the torrent.. Hahaha I remember I'd download two eps per month because of low bandwidth..
So far the anime I've mentioned.. Never go to finish it since astroboy was so long, bubblegum crisis had missing videos at the store, bleach meh~
hahaha most animes I watch.. The final ep I tend to get sad especially when it's too happy or one of those memorial thing like graduating after high school
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime30/1/2010, 2:27 pm

hmm apart from pokemon and the likes, my first taste of anime was from evangelion! it was showing on sbs and i didn't really understand most of the stuff that went on in the anime because i was like... in year 4 i think

but what i remember was that i was really fond of that brown haired girl in the red uniform, i'd stay up really late just to see her! i also remember covering my eyes up whenever a horrid fight scene errupted, an example would be this doll like girl sucking up and infecting this middle aged man, also i could never forget the episode when the main character had to put his unit to dummy mode and to kill his friend who wasn't in control of his eva T_T

now looking back i realised that i didn't really remember the story... and i haven't watched it since! maybe i should go back and torrent download them ^^

haha... i don't know any of the character's names... i should be hanged by the otakus...
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime30/1/2010, 6:59 pm

Kai wrote:
"i also remember covering my eyes up whenever a horrid fight scene errupted, an example would be this doll like girl sucking up and infecting this middle aged man,"

...wait what episode was this?!?

hmmm, first animu I watched that wasn't on cheese TV....hmm the first that got me REALLY into animu was probably either Naruto or Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo there was probably others but I can't remember...
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime30/1/2010, 9:34 pm

@otoha: eep maybe that was from bubblegum crisis....
Back to top Go down
hyokiru_01
Enthusiastic Member
hyokiru_01

ESB Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 8:14 pm

i think the first anime i watched was teknoman or samurai pizza cats in cheez tv..

the first one outside of it i guess would be street fighter..

i used to only go for anime shown in cheez tv until after seeing either fruits basket or azumanga daioh..
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime7/2/2010, 10:19 pm

Gosh I watched so much dubbed anime from Cheez T.V that I kinda forgot when I started watching Jap anime. I liked waking up early to watch Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Dragonball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh!

I remember randomly switching the T.V to SBS late one night and caught a glimpse of Bubblegum Crisis and Neon Evangelion but I didn't bother watching it.

I started pretty late, I think it was Kamichama Karin (dang..) or was it Cardcaptor Sakura? Don't remember....
Back to top Go down
Isa
Isa

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime21/2/2010, 4:53 pm

Sailor Moon was the first anime I've watched - but back then I didn't know what anime was and just wanted to transform HAHA. I thought it was the best cartoon ever. I also watched Breadman, Detective Conan, Kodomo no Omocha and films like Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbour Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies (I ate a lot of lotte candy after that). My uncle and I used to watch Slam Dunk together as well. When I was 8, pokemon just started airing on the Taiwanese networks.

After migrating here, I found out what anime was. I was given Angelic Layer and Chobits - which I really enjoyed (and how I got into OST and later, Japanese music). And then I watched Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, and Bleach.

The anime that I've only watched in the past two years are: Love Hina, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Ouran High School Host Club, Code Geass, Soul Eater and I think one or two I've forgotten. I don't watch a lot of anime because I've come to like manga better. I don't really like anime over manga - since anime tends to be shorter and/ or different to the manga.
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime21/2/2010, 7:59 pm

@izzy : omgosh.. sailormoon is AWESOME hahahaha
and same to the lotte candy after watching grave of the fireflies.. i remember my cousin would never eat it because she tells me the little girl's ashes are in there -___-"
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime21/2/2010, 11:53 pm

First anime?

Pokemon (but I didn't know it was anime at the time, so I'm not sure if I should count it).

But anyways...the experience? While I can't remember much about watching the series, I remember getting a whole lot of Pokemon merchandise. I had cards, a poster, a couple of Pikachu plushies (that still sit on my book shelf ^_^), a t-shirt, a set of PJs...I think that's all. I even bought a rare card from some random kid at the library one day. And I think I had like a notepad...and probably a whole heap of other stuff.

On another note - I found my Pokemon poster the other day when I was cleaning out my room. I'm not sure where it ended up, but I kept it though. Ahh...memories...
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
elcd
Cheesy Member
elcd

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 2:34 pm

Robotech (Macross) on Agro's Cartoon Connection... that was like.. 18 years ago or something. Yeah, I'm ancient Razz
Back to top Go down
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

ESB Points : 86

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 4:29 pm

lmao elcd your location is amazing
Back to top Go down
elcd
Cheesy Member
elcd

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 4:42 pm

What can I say... you just don't know me till I've hugged it out with your can. I'm at my best when completely incapacitated Razz
Back to top Go down
dragonfly-009
Chibi Member
dragonfly-009

ESB Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 4:49 pm

Maybe I'll take that tactic for my driving test~~

I don't remember posting in this thread yet. So my input is... Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, whatever else Cheez TV happened to show in the mornings~ I used to be late to school because of that XD
Back to top Go down
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 5:00 pm

Me neither Mrs Fly. Yup yup Pocket Monsters, Digital Monsters, DBZ, Card Captor Sakura, Bey Blades, Yu-Gi-Oh + some late night viewings of Bebop and Trigun lead me to discover Naruto which made me who I am today.
Back to top Go down
FMV
Happy Member
FMV

ESB Points : 166

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 9:57 pm

hmmmm besides kiddy anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first ive watched.
Back to top Go down
Jeshii
Cheesy Member
Jeshii

ESB Points : 82

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 7:21 pm

Sailor Moon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseneo.com
Jeshii
Cheesy Member
Jeshii

ESB Points : 82

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 7:22 pm

Ooh and also Pokemon, Cardcaptors and Doraemon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseneo.com
Clodreaver
Bored Member
Clodreaver

ESB Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 7:24 pm

cowboy bebop adult swim on cartoon network if anyone remembers that? or the remake of bubblegum crisis
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 7:24 pm

ooh~ i remember those animes..
hoi5 for sailormoon Jeshii!

umm and i know you're new Jeshii
and not to flame you or anything
but please edit your post rather than double posting
there's an edit button on your button so yeah =D
thanks =)

and YESSS CRAW!
BUBBLEGUM CRISIS TOKYO 2040! <3
Back to top Go down
Clodreaver
Bored Member
Clodreaver

ESB Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 7:43 pm

yea, they were hot
Back to top Go down
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 8:14 pm

Yup Bebop and Trigun back to back on Adult Swim. My first actual glimpse of anime at its best.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime4/3/2010, 9:24 pm

i was 8 years old, and me and my dad dropped off my mum and brother off at the airport.
i returned home and turned on the and saw POKEMON~
it was weird... a wierd retarted duck holding a leek and screaming?
so i thought at the time~
Back to top Go down
PonySlaystation
PonySlaystation

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime6/3/2010, 12:00 am

FMV wrote:
hmmmm besides kiddy anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first ive watched.

Same, evangelion was the first anime i've watched as well but in chinese(iwas in hong kong then). The first english subbed i've watched was either full metal panic or gundam seed...
Back to top Go down
giga_sennin
giga_sennin

ESB Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 9:20 am

I think the first anime i watched was when i was 6 watching a chinese dub version of DBZ.....back then it was awesome in HK.......when i got to aust and watched the english version i nearly died cos it was so crap in comparison but anime has evolved alot since those times but mind you DBZ will be loved by me forever lol thats when my anime cravings began hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~   Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share your experiences of the first anime series that you have watched~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anime & Manga-
Jump to: