Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which anime should I buy next???

Go down 
+8
Acid_Reign801
Drocell_Cain
giga_sennin
FMV
hyokiru_01
radiantfire
elcd
viviff9
12 posters
AuthorMessage
viviff9
Happy Member
viviff9

ESB Points : 86

Which anime should I buy next??? Empty
PostSubject: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 8:15 pm

Haylo new and regular forumers, I ah need some help choosing which to purchase next. Here's a list which caught my eye, all are complete series. Also a description or rating system would be great.

1.Negima
2.Sakura Wars
3.Kurau-Phantom Memory
4.Welcome to the NHK
5.Red Garden
6.Toward the Terra
7.His and Her Cirsumstances
8.Teknoman
9. The Law of Ueki

Yup Yup
Back to top Go down
elcd
Cheesy Member
elcd

ESB Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 8:21 pm

If you're gonna get Tekkaman, make sure it's the original, unbutchered one.
Back to top Go down
radiantfire
radiantfire

ESB Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime25/2/2010, 8:33 pm

Wooo Tekkaman Very Happy

I'd buy Welcome to the NHK. Awesome series.
Back to top Go down
hyokiru_01
Enthusiastic Member
hyokiru_01

ESB Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 8:03 am

Welcome to the NHK is good Smile
Back to top Go down
FMV
Happy Member
FMV

ESB Points : 166

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime26/2/2010, 9:06 pm

I recommend His and Her circumstances, Towards the Terra and Welcome to the NHK.

Toward the Terra is a sci-fi adventure series about mutants who have been hunted down by humans in space, and His and Her Circumstances is a solid comedy drama about how a high school girl falls in love with her rival.
Back to top Go down
giga_sennin
giga_sennin

ESB Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 9:23 am

NEVER BUY just download it or stream keep ya money LOL and pls dont buy the english dubs cos they suck hehe
Back to top Go down
Drocell_Cain
Admin
Drocell_Cain

ESB Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 9:39 am

Lol I agree with that to some extend. I LOVE subs so much more than dubs, but then on the other side of the scale I have to say I am a fan of some of the english voice actors. Guess it depends on the anime, like I CANNOT watch fruits basket in Japanese cause its stupid. >__<
Back to top Go down
http://koneko801.deviantart.com
Acid_Reign801
Bored Member
Acid_Reign801

ESB Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 11:32 am

Negima is awesome xD personally, i like it Subbed AND dubbed but subbed just feels right when you watch it...
i think what you should do is stream the first few eps of each and take it from there.. thats what i do anyway... unless Drocell tells me i HAVE to watch it C:

and same - some animes i CANT watch dubbed and some i HAVE to watch dubbed... case in point Naruto and FMA lawl.. after watching Naruto subbed the english voice is SO annoying.. and with FMA i LUV Vic 8D
Back to top Go down
http://acidreign801.deviantart.com/
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 4:32 pm

Buy me Churros
Back to top Go down
kano

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime18/3/2010, 11:00 am

Honestly get the negima series in manga instead of anime XD
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime19/3/2010, 1:50 am

I don't mind English dubbing so much, and it's a bonus when the translations and voice actors can do justice to their respective roles. The only problem with dubbing anime with English voice-overs is that the script will generally change to accommodate the character's mouth movements, which can either lead to rushed or slowly spoken dialogue. It also depends on whether you have a personal bias in favour of the Japanese dubs. lol, I have a friend who will always whole wholeheartedly agree that the English counterpart will suck no matter what without giving it a chance. I personally find that mentality a tad annoying considering this is a subjective topic; some may love dubs, others may not. That said, I actually prefer the English VAs for Final Fantasy XIII than the Japanese ones.

But yeah, I'm mostly a 'sub' kind of person, but I wouldn't say that English dubs are awful. They can be surprisingly good in some cases!

Hurray it's the Law of Ueki. I loved that series during year 10 even though it was a typical shounen series with silly elements (turning trash into trees haha). It was an enjoyable watch, but I'm not sure if others may agree since I have weird tastes in anime!
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
midesu

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime19/3/2010, 5:19 pm

i dont like dubs lmao Razz. id say get negima or the law of ueki Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which anime should I buy next???   Which anime should I buy next??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which anime should I buy next???
Page 1 of 1