Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things

Go down 
+7
hiroshima_X
Miss_Jazzalyn
wsms3
Otoha
haru
Kaifanatic
~Suigintou~
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19/8/2010, 11:22 pm

Question about contacts ~

Danny would probably be the expert in this xD

Where can I get cheap good ones? 8D

And I got the idea of cheshire, I can wear a purplish- moronish hoodie and sew cat ears and wear a wig and tight black jeans and fancy shoes 8DD

I'll just have to alter the hoodie abit so it looks similar to cheshiiireees~ ~w~

If anyone has ideas on how to create cheshire's costume from Pandora hearts Leme know 8D
Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

ESB Points : 170

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/8/2010, 10:43 am

@bluna : go for a mio look from the ED "NO, Thank You!"
which my friend went as to smash!
i can lend you my purple hoodie which i made for that look
Spoiler:
----

@jazz : true - i have to admit, cosplay IS and expensive hobby =w="
and i like how you're doing it for fun =D
if thats the case.. alter anyway you like.. being in character with casual clothings
i mean.. sure in animes and whatsoever we see them wear the same outfit all times..
but im sure they have times where they wear casual clothings so yeah

Bleach : it will depend on the character ->.. i remember you attempted yoruichi last year for the halloween event with the tights and black top and hair tied up in a high tail.. really, i thought that enough would be in character.

Hetalia : i don't know hetalia so well but since its based on soldier and that, you could try finding casual clothing that looks like it?.. maybe green cargo pants with some boots.. and whatever top should be fine since the coat might be hard to find unless you got one.. for hair.. well, wig it or hairspray otherwise just go with your usual hair and stick to the outfit.. i think that enough will suffice.. its different from what "ordinary" people would wear? XD

Cardcaptor : once again depending on character -> but really, sakura's clothings are a pain to make because they ALWAYS DEFY GRAVITY!.. once again -> find casual clothings to match the outfit.. she has heaps of outfit so im sure there are bound to be some that looks casual.
For the wand -> if you're dedicated enough, then i guess you can make out of clay.. or even make the key necklace out of clay but it'll take abit of time..
i really dont recommend cardcaptor cosplay because its actually hard.. unless you're going for an outfit of hers thats easy.. (lost track of her outfits .. can only imagine the one in the opening)

Negima, Ragnarok, Excel Saga : i don't really know about these

OVERALL just look at their outfits and check how you can mix and match. If you still need help, better if you provide a picture what character and their outfit you want to achieve.

-----

@smiles : CHEAPEST GOOD contact lenses are online. They range from $30+ if you're planning to get really bright ones that stand out. But shipping takes a while so yeah.
If you want to avoid online shopping, you can go city in chinatown near eating world where you go downstairs and they have heaps of asian clothing stores that sell contact lenses. They are the same brand as the online ones so im sure (can't guarantee 100% myself yet since never bought) that they are good. The prices are around $40.00 and these contacts last for 1 year (but i prefer you throw them out after 6-8 months of wearing them).
My local optometrists sell contact lenses for $40.00 - $50.00(or more) which last up to only 3 months. They are different brand BUT i can guarantee that these are good because they've been approved by the optometrist themself. They come in all sorts of colors (almost) and styles (incl. anime ones like red, white).
ALL the contact lenses i mention are non prescribed but you can get them prescribed but i dont recommend it because the prescription could be wrong.
If you're unsure about style and color, just post an image of your character and i could recommend which contacts for you.

for cheshire -> to be honest i think its actually a hard cosplay to do (thats if you're going for an accurate approach).. i can't really help much unless you provide a picture sorry~
because the image of cheshire that i have is... well the costume looks quite insane
Back to top Go down
http://dannieh.deviantart.com
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/8/2010, 12:15 pm

Hi Danny 8D

I'm gonna go to my optometrist today and ask him about lenses, and thanks for telling me where I can get them~ 8D I just need normal red ones, Heck I only need it for one eye xD

With Cheshire I can't go for the exact exact approach since, you know. >3>

Annd I'm not gona do the whole huge hand thing, waaay too hard...Or the shoes >o>

Here are some pictures I found o:

1. https://2img.net/h/i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/hyperparfait/Anime/pandora/ph13.jpg

2. https://2img.net/h/i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Kewsithydemon/Pandora%20Hearts/chesire9.jpg

3. https://2img.net/h/i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/usagiringo43/Decorated%20images/Cheshire_desu_desu_kawaii__nya.jpg

4. http://mamaa.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cheshire-3.jpg
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/8/2010, 1:13 pm

@smiles : thats a good idea -> forgot to mention that its good to go to the optometrist and get your eyes checked and fitted to see if ordinary contact lenses will fit.
Just a note that normal optometrist dont sell red contact lenses. hahaha
but if you want - i can buy it from my local optometrist for you. They dont have a prescription but yeah just tell me after you go check. And dw, i only need one alot of my cosplays which is a pain DX

ahh~ alright.. i saw the same pictures hahaha
so you're going for your own design with the look of the character... i think thats a good idea >8D
but yeah.. the scarf that wraps around is insane.. hahaha (though tempted to make cos it looks interesting 8D)
shoes.. yeah.. ive seen shoes like that around but not that point but yknow.. anime exaggerates and all hahaha.. i guess going for the basic look is good :3
if you wanna go for that look..
i'd say :
long black sleeveless top which you can modify the bottom.
the arms i think are pretty easy -> long black gloves.. make the stickes.. and the claws you can probably make out of paper.. yknow "paper claws" (screw it making your hands look big >_>")
black skinnys..
black shoes..
for the scarf.. you'll need ALOT of black fabric.. probably make it a 2 piece..
that is the first piece which circles the body.. and have the top of it sit abit on the shoulder or use elastic to bind onto yourself or clear straps to keep it up.. .. and then attach the second piece which is the back piece.. the thing that hangs.. and add the bells and all..

easier said than done i know XD
but yeah i also wanted to cosplay this one day so i planned it out abit ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/8/2010, 3:46 pm

@dannieh - I didn't really like thing I dod last year. I mean...well that's just me. I have a tendency to not like things I do. Besides I'd like to try something different.

I'm probably most inclined to do Bleach 'cause there are so many different characters.

I'm not really fussed. Female would probably preferable because I'm not sure if I have the right body type to pull off a male character, but I'm not opposed to cross-dressing. Of course, short characters wouldn't be an issue either.

Also - nothing too tight fitting. I'm not opposed to miniskirts providing they're not like ridiculously short. And I'm not opposed to low-cut tops, providing you can't see halfway down my chest when I talk to you. So - within reason, basically.

And no really outrageous hairstyles. I don't mind different hair colours. Like, the first person I thought of was Szayel (casual version), mainly 'cause I was watching an AMV about him. I know he has pink hair, but it's not like all over the place (you know, like Kenpachi).

(Actually - if Paddy's Market sells pink wigs and I can get hold of a white coat somewhere, I may be able to pull it off. Sure - I'm not pale like him - but I think he's cool. I mean, seriously - pink has never looked so evil before. Ever.).

But I'll keep my options open 'cause I think it'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/8/2010, 6:53 pm

i didnt realise that the k-on uniform skirt was checkered, i swear last time i saw it was grey...?
tralala... yeah cant really focus on this right now.. got too much on my plate
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23/8/2010, 4:19 pm

EDIT: I have been rethinking. (Oh gawd. There she goes again. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING...). And I think maybe I can do something that won't be detrimental to my pockets. Seriously - I want to have some fun.

But I think ages ago someone mentioned my attempted Yoruichi cosplay for Halloween last year.

And it got me thinking. I might just be able to pull it off again at a reasonable cost.

I won't be able to get any white shoes (shoes are too expensive), I've only got black ones which basically look the same.

I already have the black pants and I have a black top (basically the same one I wore last year - it was actually two tops).

But does anyone know where I could get an orange top like this?
http://files.sharenator.com/yoruichi0zd_Finally_a_cosplay_win-s480x665-34241-535.jpg

Preferably under $20?

I'm also considering the possibility of purple hair spray because I won't be able to afford a wig and I've looked at cheaper ones in my local shopping mall and there aren't any the right colour. At least I don't recall seeing any.

Last edited by Miss_Jazzalyn on 30/8/2010, 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28/8/2010, 10:11 pm

holy sh--
$100 for 1st prize in cosplay
$60 2nd
$30 3rd

would these money prize be for keeps?
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/8/2010, 11:35 pm

no they give you $100 and then ask for it back the next day, interest is compounded at 4% hourly and if you don't pay them back within a week they cut off your fingers
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Kaifanatic
Head Fangirl
Kaifanatic

ESB Points : 1195

Character sheet
Role-playing: Snobby Ojou~
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/8/2010, 8:09 am

^ LOLWHUT?! otakus are willing to do some craaaaazy things for some cash to supply themselves with animu...
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/8/2010, 11:39 am

T-T I need to ask my aunt about the skirt...I hope I get to go to Vickie's house on next weekend- considering her and her mum's birthday is around now.
I still need to figure out how to alter the jacket's collar...is there a way to colour it/cover it and make it all navy-ish? I'll just have to wait till I get the remaining scraps of fabric after it's done. I'll thank Vickie by giving her a good b'day present! (indirect thank you to her mum by making my cousin happy~)
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/8/2010, 9:48 pm

what are you going as again boss?~

---

i dont really have time for this so im just gonna wear one of my old ones ><"..
of course.. no weapon props since.. i dont wanna be accused of carrying weapons =w="
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/8/2010, 10:21 pm

omg.. didnt realise it but it's next week
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/8/2010, 11:42 pm

I'm going as Tachibana Kanade from Angel Beats!

-.- If only I had a random cosplay prepared from earlier....>.>
Feels tempted to get a Yuki Nagato cosplay for later.
Back to top Go down
wsms3
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
wsms3

ESB Points : 286

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2010, 7:06 pm

What day is it?
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/8/2010, 8:44 pm

lol!?
what day is it you say
xDDDDDDDDD
it's week 7 from mon to fri?
Back to top Go down
wsms3
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
wsms3

ESB Points : 286

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/9/2010, 5:19 pm

I dunno I have clinicals now, I'm so socially isolated Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 588319
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:28 am

i dont think its next week though OAO
need more info.. definately~
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:33 am

Apparently Geek Week is being held on the 6-10th of September. Here's some of the information for what's happening on the Parramatta campus:

Monday - Outdoor Mahjong comp ($100 rst prize) near Library
-Liquid Nitrogen Ice-cream by LabRats
- Cosplay comp ($100 1st prize, $60 2nd prize, $30 3rd prize) near Library
Wednesday - Outdoor Chess tournament ($100 rst prize) near Library
Thursday - 12PM Anime screening in room EB.1.44 by ParraNOIA
Friday - Mahjong Society party

Click here for PDF.
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:38 am

haru just showed me and OMFG! ITS NEXT WEEK! not enough time for anything DX

i still don't understand how this competiton is going to work

i love how they wrote for our anime screening to be in EB.1.44 when its such a lovely room without a computer.. we better get organised for that day then.
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:42 am

Huur;?

Anime Screening?

...But we're having Quiz Week ._.

..With prizes owo..
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:44 am

^the HIVE is trying to ruin Parranoia's 2nd official quiz week! On the plus side, more participants? ;p
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:44 am

oh shoot.. clashes .___."...
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:45 am

Yes more participants Haru! >O

SO SAYS I.

Or die :3

And shouldn't we tell them we're having a quiz instead? D:

Stupid clashes ._.
Back to top Go down
dannieh
Sempai
dannieh

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:50 am

hrmmm
its either we keep the quiz running or push it to the week after..
True about more participants but im sure they would want a gist of what our club screens and at least do...
i guess it depends how long the quiz is (but seeing how you guys are very serious and into it im guessing the whole club session)... i'll make another thread for you guys to discuss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things   Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cosplay Competition for Geek Week + other things
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next