Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews and Rating~

Go down 
+5
smiles
Miss_Jazzalyn
~Suigintou~
Otoha
Bluna
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

Reviews and Rating~ Empty
PostSubject: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime23/8/2010, 12:09 am

Here you can review on anything
Movies/book/meeting/outings/people?/website/videos/games/etcetc!

----
Incpetion: was a great movie, is wanting to watch it again and listen to the plot more throughly
rating: 9/10!!

765 assignment
rating: -10000000000000000/10

Last edited by Bluna on 17/11/2011, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime23/8/2010, 7:27 pm

duck song 5/5

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime23/8/2010, 8:52 pm

ROFL!!
the man with a frown >8I
how cute
didnt realise you had such a childish taste
and Phil why did you move this D: now people will not post in this =(
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime13/9/2010, 8:50 pm

--
Bump:
went and saw Scott Pilgram vs the world like last week
rating: 8/10
it was a good movie, story plot flowed, joined and summarised well.
it was fun to watch and i enjoyed ut very much
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime22/1/2011, 8:33 pm

Bump:
Tangled
Rating: 8/10
the trailer may have been lacking and unmotivating to go and watch this movie,
however watching it with my cousin
i was pleasntly suprised how good this movie is,
the story plot was made well and is created differently so none of the viewer could predict the typical story of repunzel, the movie made me happy and sad, and it was very touching.
then graphic was brillant, as i'm always suprised by technology these days..
and to have thought Disney films were becoming dull, This film has definatley boosted Disney back to it original well made classic film
to have thought the trailer was lacking, i guess it was better then a trailer that tells the whole story

i would recommened anybody to wacth this film,
or either rent it in the future.
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime23/1/2011, 10:55 pm

^Goodie~ thanks for the review Shin! I'm going with my sister and friends on Friday~

Australian Open so far
Rating: 7/10
Comment: Everyone still expects the veterans to make it to the finals. But that isn't the case. I can tell the Australian crowd really cheers on for the underdogs too!
There hasn't been too many major upsets despite all of the Australian players
now out of the tournament, but possibly today's match with Sharapova and Petkovic
seemed disappointing until Sharapova upped her game, too late in the game when it was 5-1, and lost 6-3.
I'm going for Federer, Djokovic, and Li. Tennis is boring if you don't have anyone to go for.
Not for everyone, and it gets monotonous- best if you wait till the quarter, semi and final matches, when the atmosphere is more hyped and intense.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime25/1/2011, 1:16 am

The Green Hornet
action/ comedy/ crime
Rating: 6.3/10

This film would have been a hit or miss of the remake of 1966-67 TV series with Van William and Bruce Lee.
Miss:
The build-up story of how Kato and Britt Reid begin their partnership, I felt it was a bit fast paced, I think it was for Jay Chou who plays Kato’s was a bit expressionless at times which had led me to be a bit confused about where the story was going.. Because his expressionless-ness didn’t quite mesh in to the comedic side of things, however this is only my opinion for the beginning part of the film also we can clearly see English isn’t his strongest

personally I thought actor Seth Rogan as The green hornet/ Britt Reid didn’t really fit right as that character.. He was a bit too comedic or just childish and sort of out of place.. but then again the genre of this movie was part comedy..

Some of the cinematography wasn’t really well done.. to have seen it for the first time, I was able to point out some mistakes.

Hit:
The costumes and the designs on those weapons and cars were awesome.

The actor who plays Kato has somehow maintained the character as his own and not to be over shadowed by Bruce Lee’s “legacy”. Later into the film we get used to the character as we’re able to understand where he stands.. (metaphorically). Might I add in one the scene he looked pretty hot/cool xD

Yes, most films are now coming out in 3D however watching the action sequences in 3D makes a lot of difference I have realized and in a good way.

And zomgggg James Franco makes an appearance *sqqquuueee!!!* ><!!!
------------------
This film isn’t really a “Fresh” new film if you get what I mean… but the story/ the films interpretation was just done well there is a bit of interesting scenes/ideas. Overall the Film is action packed, eye-pleasing and pleasantly enjoyable.

I’d say the male population would generally enjoy this movie.. but I’m not sure if it’s worth $$ unless you go on Monday and get in for 11$ with the student movie Monday thing ^^
Or otherwise I would recommend that you rent it in the future
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime29/4/2011, 1:43 am

Sucker Punch
Rating 2/10

Urg it was terrible.
although it was Eye pleasing
the idea was interesting but they used it so crap-tacularly.
Back to top Go down
~Suigintou~
Admin
~Suigintou~

ESB Points : 2073

Character sheet
Role-playing: Godoka
Secondary Role:: Homura's rabu~

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime29/4/2011, 11:27 pm

@Shin: I wanted to watch it but heard bad reviews. Thanks for your comment!

The Royal Wedding
Rating: 5/10
Comments: Stupid media- yet again you blow things out of proportion.
I doubt this would make it the wedding of the year, let alone the decade or century.
Sure you had everyone hooked with the word "Royal" and "Prince/Princess" plus the whole week of live reporting from London was enough to make me get sick of the whole affair.
I'm pretty sure most people would be talking about the dress- which I found only reflected Kate Middleton's personality: quiet, elegant and simple. It suited her well, just that I was wistfully hoping for something more extravagant and more "royal".
The ceremony was a bore, I've never attended a real wedding before but I will be sure not to hold it at a church <.<" Guess they had to keep the tradition and formalities, so no helping it.
One highlight was when Prince William had to put the ring on Catherine's finger and it almost didn't make it past the knuckle. Stayed awake for that.
Then when the couple got back to the castle to do the highly publicized "balcony kiss", and the crowd just anticipating it..waiting...waiting...waiting.....oh. Was that it? One/two seconds? @.@
I felt something little just died inside of everyone. Uninspiring.
Btw, did you see Julia Gillard? Her clothes looked slightly ill-fitting....My parents reckon it makes other people think she is a bad representation of a leader of Australia- perhaps get some style advice from Michelle Obama?

Overall : Too much hype, a bit of a disappointment, subdued. Would not want to watch it again/re-tell to the future generations.
Back to top Go down
Miss_Jazzalyn
Chibi Member
Miss_Jazzalyn

ESB Points : 907

Character sheet
Role-playing: Haruhi
Secondary Role:: Slave

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime30/4/2011, 1:09 am

Woah...I just noticed this topic now. So...time to rate and review.

Bokurano

Rating: I would probably give it 10/10.

Summary: 15 children discover a cave on a summer camp. Inside the cave is a grotto with some computers. Here they meet a man who calls himself "Kokopelli". Kokopelli asks them if they want to participate in a game where they have to control a robot to defend the Earth against 15 enemies. Thinking that it's some kind of fun computer game, they agree and sign a contract. However the game is real. The children must control a giant robot which they name "Zearth" and fight other robots.

However, there is more to Bokurano than giant fighting robots. It tells the background of each character and their reasons for fighting. But as the series progresses, they soon begin to realise the true nature of the battle and its cost and as they do, people try to find a way to break them free of the contract.

My Thoughts: It's one of the best animes I have seen. In the 24 episodes, it gives us an understanding of each character's past. And it shows their feelings about fighting, especially after finding out the truth.

Spoiler:

However, if you've read the manga and liked that, then the anime is very different. The person who created the anime hated the manga so a lot was changed.

Anyways, it's one I would definitely recommend checking out.

I was also at UNSW today watching movies so...

Handsome Suit

Rating: Probably 7-8/10
Summary:Takuro has never had a girlfriend. After his mother dies, he takes over ownership of her diner. Everyone likes his food but his face and body aren’t so great. He falls in love with a girl who comes in the diner looking for a job. However, she is not attracted to him. When finding a tux for a friend’s wedding, Takuro ends up with the Handsome Suit, a suit that transforms the wearer into a good-looking guy.
My Opinion: The movie was good. It had an interesting plot and I liked the characters. I gave it 7-8 because I will hardly ever rate something as 10/10. It's basically a romantic comedy so if you like that, you'd probably like it.

It also gives us a look at society, that we have become so fixated on looks - whether it be how we look or how others look.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://jazzalyn.tumblr.com/
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime29/10/2011, 6:57 pm

Drive
crime dama film
rating:8.5/10
Comments:
i thorughly enjoyed watching this film and loved Ryan Gosling,it was cool and edgy as the film progresses
it is minimal in diagloue and story but you can pick up soo many symbolism and cues (thank you english haha)
that is presented in the scenes. it also had an 80s vibe in this film espcially cause of the soundtrack (which was awsome to listen to). this film i think is kinda short and bittersweet in a way, espcially the end, but i wasnt really that dissapointed.
i guess guys would especially enjoy and understand some part of the quite scenes... plus dont be decieved this film is nothing like the fast five genre haha ==;
and did i mention loved Ryan Gosling in this film hohoh yum.
just watching this film made me realise how cool guys are behind a wheel, hahaha.

urm i'd have to say not every one could/would enjoy this film, becasue it's not a highly action pack film, it's more about how this story is shown and it's for us to see how it is marvouslly captured and told in that way.
=) guys may espcially enjoy it or with a date
but yeah do check it out sometime XD

Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/11/2011, 9:11 pm

Anybody watch any movies recently? O:

Can we rate anime movies? 8D
Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
Lann
Chocolate-filled Member
Lann

ESB Points : 184

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime9/11/2011, 10:34 pm

Just for you Smiles. But no yaoi in this film.

Summer Wars
A 2009 anime film from the director of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I'll just talk about the film in general. You can all spoil it for yourself on Wikipedia. To me, this was a very good film about the importance of family, and your identity, in relation to family. It's also animated beautifully, with a good mix of CG and traditional animation.

I liked it so much, I went out and bought the Blu-ray of it.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime14/11/2011, 12:52 pm

^ hmm i should check it out after exams..

The graduate
a 1967 american comedy-drama film touted as a classic.
it is paced the well made. most people may not like to watch these movies made in the 20th century and i understand.. the acting is very theatrical and elaboate. But its the whole point of this movie that has gained my interest, some what of a message of 'what is the meaning of life after college/uni'. i think when a person watches this film may build their own thoughts on what the ending meant. but anyways i really love how the film is directed, espcially the scene of ben's day and night routine. it also made me envious of the fashion back then.
so yeah... this is a film if one is veeerrryyy bored and want to watch something i guess hahhaa well i enjoyed.. my other friend slept during the film.
plus watching this film you can point out some scenes thats been re-enacted in other films and shows
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime5/1/2012, 12:02 am

Bump:
3D The Adventures of Tintin
Rating:8.6/10

As a Fan of Herge's comic and the 1991 animated tv series, i was fairly scared what I was going to expect from the movie…
but of course Spielberg done it again. The movie captures the true essence of the genre and feeling of an adventure. I’m relieved that they’ve also stuck to the comic and didn’t “hollywood-ised” the character or the main story, but ofcourse they’ve glamoured scenes such as action scenes.
The graphic is remarkable, I was also worried because it wasn’t like the original face, but now I’m kinda glad that its humanly faced, it’s quite cool I guess.
However.. the negative is the damn ticket price, I was quite surprised! Although I went to see the film on Tuesday the ticket price is was still $23 for student!? Well I did see it in 3D Vmax.. but seriously...
I guess watching the film not in 3D would be just as good as watching it in 3Dso if you wanna watch the movie and save a little money watch it in 2D. although it was pretty cool watching it in 3D it kinda seemed like the film was a diorama hahha..
You don’t have to read to comic books or watched the TV series to understand this film. It was fuuuun, well for me it was =)
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime15/2/2012, 10:57 pm

Chronicle
Action drama sci-fi film

Rating: 8/10
Comment:
after watching the trailer i had a certain expectation of the movie, and so after watching the movie it has accomplished what I expected from the film. However I can’t help but feel frustrated that the movie should have exceed more. Through the ‘found footage’ (cam recorder style e.g. cloverfield) i understand it’s suppose to present and connect elements of the character and us viewer.. but it just did not work for me. I just found it.. lame how this emo kid had to explain why he’s recording and blah.
But yeah anyways overall it was a great movie, the actors were great and the concept of the movie was good. Just wish it ended alittle more better…. Not so anticlimactic.. >__>;
at the end of the day it’s a good 8 out of 10, and see it and enjoy it as it is I guess hahaha.
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime20/4/2012, 1:02 am

HETALIA.

FACT:

EDUCATIONAL YAOi.

RATING:

9000/10

GO WATCH NOW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime1/7/2012, 11:02 pm

The Hurt Locker (2008) < click to see trailer
drama thriller war film

Rating: 9.5/10

Comment:
first of all, how did i miss this movie.
This movie was fricken awesome. This film truly opens up to the opening quotation "The rush of battle is a potent and often lethal addiction, for war is a drug" which is shown at the beginning of the film.
the characters in this film presents many level of dimensions, it was so raw and real that even myself was able to empathise with all three main characters.
and oh my gawd Jeremy Renner who plays Sergent William James (aka Hawkeye from the advengers) is hhhaaawwwwwwttttttttttt! and he is good playing a bad ass.
although this film may not be what it seem what it is in the trailer.. it isn't an action pack film, is it more of the psychological effect and journey that these soliders go through that we are following.
but there are explosions xD

but if you are bored and a guy go check it out
you might be surprised like i was
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime2/7/2012, 4:59 am

^ Bluna's dead on, it's a very good film. Won the 2010 Best Picture Oscar for it too.
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/8/2012, 8:41 pm

The Dark knight rises
Rating: 9.5/10
Wow, serisously I felt like I was just holding my breath, so this is the final instalment of the trilogy of batman with a big sigh of relief. Like the predecessor, this film we don’t know how this film would end and just as intense with the build up. The twist and revelation of this film is so fulfilling at the end of this film.
i had abit of doubts of Anna hathaways role as Catwoman, but she has possessed the role well.
Just go watch it.
The only negative comment I have to say is with abit of spoiler
Spoiler:
Watching this film makes me reflect, how superhero films have evolved. How it used to be so colourful and somewhat ridiculous, in comparison to these new age super hero films it is rawer, realistic based and high in emotion (?)
Tips before going to see this movie.
-Watch the first batman movie The batman Begins 2005, because there are little references from the first film that is implemented in this third film, and if you want to you can also see the second film.
-go the bathroom before you see this film.. it runs for 2hr and 40mins
-and enjoy it for what it is

Last edited by Bluna on 8/8/2012, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
haru
Admin
haru

ESB Points : 1789

Character sheet
Role-playing: Gundam
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/8/2012, 8:52 pm

^mm good review! Sounds really intense from what I've been hearing. Should really go watch it soon before it's not shown at the cinemas anymore :'D
Back to top Go down
http://parranoia.net
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/8/2012, 9:02 pm

^ nar dont worry, i went last night, i booked a week before. but it was still abit packed< probably cause it's also tuesday.
and there still seems to be alot of sessions as well
Back to top Go down
tofusama
Enthusiastic Member
tofusama

ESB Points : 201

Character sheet
Role-playing:
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/8/2012, 9:20 pm

It's really good haha It's funny how they cut out Leonardo Di Caprio from the Inception cast, but then my friend and I were wondering what it'd be like if he played Batman :/
-Selina Kyle~
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredisanoob/
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/8/2012, 10:32 pm

I agree that it was a very good film, but it did have some issues:

If you know anything about the comics, or have played Batman: Arkham City, you'll see the twist coming from a mile away and

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime8/9/2012, 9:49 pm

Fantastic Mr Fox
Rating 8.9/10

I love this book by Roald Dahl, and I am certain Wes Anderson did too. Which this stop motion film is so quirky, beautiful and meaningful, I had to see it again and write up a review. Of course if a movie is based off a book it won’t be 100% true to the book, but don’t fret, this film have its true intentions and reason for being what it is.

I actually saw this film with my cousin back in 2009; I think I enjoyed it more than she did. I must say this film have been more intended for grown-ups especially those who grew up reading Dahl’s books. I noticed that the voices do talk fast and certain voices do mumble that it’s hard to catch what they’re saying and the scripts have double meanings which is brilliant! But it can be hard to catch hence watching it twice I actually got what they meant.

I love this film; you can tell externally that so much love and detail has gone into it. And also I love the script which was comedic and bestowed a true moral; the importance of family and friends and that it is ok and to accept that people can be different.

So if you are bored and don’t know what to watch, this film is a definite to watch!
So go watch it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and Rating~   Reviews and Rating~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews and Rating~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next