Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for Club Meetings

Go down 
+8
yulina
Cytomander
Otoha
Odomonkey
Yuumei
TabZ
smiles
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
smiles
Sempai
smiles

ESB Points : 2405

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme >:D
Secondary Role:: Corporate Lawyer c:

Ideas for Club Meetings Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime8/3/2012, 9:56 pm

So since we have a buncha new members this semester and it seems like we're doing the same activities over and over.
So how about you guys suggest something fun to do for Thursdays from now on?
Haru and Michelle will approve any ideas they seem the club members would enjoy and we'll participate in the events the following Thursday.

So if anyone has any ideas please post~

My idea:

Remember the Quiz week we had 2 years ago for those that were there. Since we had prizes everyone pretty much participated.
If its approved we should do some general knowledge questions. Ones Specific to anime might be hard. Or what are your thoughts?

I suggest we have a day full of quizzes and Prizes~

For punishment game ideas how about someone has to wear a poster on their back advertising the club for like 2 hours or the whole day?
Do a barrell roll outside EA.
Or if theres a group of people who need to be punished, they can act out an anime scene in the grass area.

Any comments? owo

(please be nice .-.)

Back to top Go down
http://www.makaaachaaan.deviantart.com
TabZ
Cute Member
TabZ

ESB Points : 947

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime8/3/2012, 10:50 pm

we could play random games and then have dares as punishment? so like whoever wins has to dare the loser
Back to top Go down
Yuumei
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
Yuumei

ESB Points : 1024

Character sheet
Role-playing: Imagination
Secondary Role:: Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime8/3/2012, 11:14 pm

Truth or Dare?
Back to top Go down
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ain_Soph_Aur
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

ESB Points : 254

Character sheet
Role-playing: Monkey God
Secondary Role:: Sleeper

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:24 pm

Some kind of team/group competition?
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:27 pm

cool but what should we compete on? anime knowledge?
Back to top Go down
TabZ
Cute Member
TabZ

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:31 pm

we should play twister :3 or anything fun and i reckon team competitions would be really good
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:33 pm

lol twister.
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:44 pm

Not anime knowledge. Twister would be awesome. We seem to enjoy kids games so.. bullrush? What's the time mr wolf? OH I HAVE A GAME IDEA. Everyone stands in a circle, one person is selected to be the detective. That person leaves the room for a few minutes. Out of the remaining people, one person (or more) is selected to be the killer. When the cop returns, they stand in the middle of the circle, and tries to figure out who the killer is. The killer is able to kill people using an action of some kind, but obviously they can only do it when the cop is not paying attention to them.

Last edited by Odomonkey on 9/3/2012, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:47 pm

then what. MONKEY KNOWLEDGE?
Back to top Go down
Odomonkey
Psychopathic Member
Odomonkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 9:52 pm

Anime knowledge is hard lol, especially considering the sheer number of series they can come from. And even if a person has seen a series, if they haven't seen it for ages, they wont remember specific details like character names and such. Or if theyre like me and don't really remember character names and such in the first place. (I just kinda think of them as 'the main character guy from X series or that chick with the sword" Anyway, I edited my previous post with an idea =]
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 10:11 pm

Oh I like the cop game~ Used to play that in primary 8D!
Back to top Go down
TabZ
Cute Member
TabZ

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 11:09 pm

any kids game would be great really, on that note im sure everyone would love a little hide and seek ;D
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

ESB Points : 1972

Character sheet
Role-playing: Bishounen
Secondary Role:: Bark-faced

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 11:13 pm

OMG YES TWISTER!!! Does anyone have a twister board thing??? I think we have too many people so maybe we should make our own one!!

I had a bunch of ideas that I plan to use but some of these include:

Things that can be done while watching anime: (this is for slow starting episodes that are a tad boring, if you just aren't interested in the genre or if you've seen the episode before and are sick of it)

Group story: (If you've seen BoSu you should know this) Basically someone starts a story and writes one paragraph, they hand it to the next person who does the same, for a twist each person can only read the paragraph directly before theirs. (eg. person 3 can only see person 2's they dont know what person 1 wrote)

Tetris DS 8players (like last semester)

Dokopon journey DS (the 4player rpg that older members should remember)

Sticker hunt: stickers are stuck hidden under tables, chairs and more before the start of the club, at any time you can search around for these stickers, presenting one to michelle earns you pocky/chocolate/some kinda reward

Separate activities (things to do when we aren't screening an episode)

Beyblade battle: Proved to be popular last year, we need someone to supply a dome though =S

Meta Game: The debating game that we played last week, people seemed to enjoy it (some enjoyed it a little too much), this time we'll have a large list of anime and questions to pick from and maybe a few variations on rules like 1V1 with multiple judges

Dubbing of anime: No one seemed to want to do this last week =S maybe next time

Toilet paper dress: Did this with my cute Year 7 kouhais in peer support back at highschool, assemble into groups who must make one of their members a dress (or whatever clothing is decided on at the start) out of toilet paper, one or more judges

Newspaper tower: Using only an unlimited supply of Newspaper and masking tape teams must assemble the tallest tower they can (the roof is around 4-5metres in 333 so maybe just whoever reaches the roof), again i did this in peer support and it was alot of fun, our tower was around 6metres and we won so don't assume that they don't get very high

Straw bridge: Ahh peer support, you give me the best memories of leading children half my height to victory~ Anyway this is similar to the newspaper tower but using straws and possible tape (I can't remember) it might seem like the same thing as above but while the newspaper is about thin, light weight and tall structures the straw is about forming strong interlocking shapes that can support a set weight (a textbook maybe), or if thats too hard a tower

Who said that? A game where quotes from the forum are taken and read out and people have to guess who said it

Song/Poem/Rap in a minute: A minute is way to small but its catchy, anyway teams have 5minute or more (will be adjusted) to write a song/poem or rap (depends what the judge picks at teh start) about the topic the judge picks (eg. gundam, doesnt need to be anime related though), one member from their team reads it out at the end, you're judged half on how much you related to the topic and half on how good your song/rap/poem was.

Sticker Wars: Everyone is armed with stickers in two teams (or free4all), you are allowed a shield of your choice, sticking someone with a sticker anywhere on their person (arm, hand, shirt, shoes, head) results in them being out (rules may allow more HP, eg 3stickers to get them out), you can't throw the stickers you must stick them directly to the person

Human tower: try and make a tall tower of people, probably not enough for teams so just stick to 1 group

Cutlery war: we did this once for fun and everyone enjoyed it, this time we could be split into teams and apply a one hit KO rule where getting hit results in the player being knocked out, we could also set up the tables to provide cover for the teams and have two judges watching the action to ensure no foul play

Strip poker =P : We did have a poker club for a while *cough Odom* but it was alot of fun even though I didnt really know the rules

Thats all i got right now, I had more but forgot them so they can't have been great

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 11:47 pm

Poker is great. I vote for that x 1,000,000,000.
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 11:48 pm

Anyone for kings game (persona 4 XD)
Back to top Go down
TabZ
Cute Member
TabZ

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime9/3/2012, 11:48 pm

nice ideas Otoha ! ahh peer support..if only i could remember what i did back then, rather than strip poker we could play poker betting on push ups or something since im sure not everyone would want to strip ;P
also the dubbing of anime is really fun once you get into it, i reckon last week there wasnt enough motivation for everyone to start the game, a couple of years back at Manifest we did the anime dubbing and it was really popular
definetly should do a few of these in the next meet!!
Back to top Go down
Cheesy Member

ESB Points : 105

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime10/3/2012, 10:59 pm

Woot! These look like fun~ Ideas for Club Meetings 393820

Ahh peer support was probably the only time I was taller than everyone in a group... good times
I used to do things like that at school camps and at youth (it was cool back then). Here's some other stuff we did for group activities that I guess we could do at uni:

Talking in exaggerated accents (ie, like a pirate, Shakespeare-ian, engrish, singing when we speak)

Toilet paper/ newspaper war- Like a snow ball fight, but with various paper products

Kick the can- You kick a can

Human knot- Everyone joins hands & we all try to untangle our selves without letting go

Ninja- Spread around a room & strike a ninja pose, then taking turns you have to make another movement and try to get closer to other players to get them 'out' or to flinch without getting hit or flinching yourself. You can only make one move per turn & if it's not your turn you can't move.

I never...- Get in a circle with your hand out and say "I never..." something you haven't done... and if a person in the circle has done said activity, they put one finger down. The last person with their fingers wins. (Can also be used as a drinking game where you drink a shot for everything you’ve done & the winner is the only one not drunk or passed out~ ) alternatively I've also played this with cake & the last one to either not puke of give up wins

Duck, duck, goose-If you don't know this game, you had no childhood

Hope these give people ideas ^-^
Back to top Go down
Otoha
Admin
Otoha

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime11/3/2012, 12:51 am

1010 wrote:

Kick the can- You kick a can

I lolled, also I've always wanted to play ninja after seeing it on kotaku!
Back to top Go down
yulina
Bored Member
yulina

ESB Points : 422

Character sheet
Role-playing: Seme
Secondary Role:: Jotei

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime11/3/2012, 2:48 pm

I vote for newspaper war (save toilet paper man), sticker wars, ninja, I never. They sound fun, I do not vote for beyblade but if you want to play it, I can borrow the dome for our group ^^
Back to top Go down
Bluna
Sempai
Bluna

ESB Points : 1319

Character sheet
Role-playing: Lady wizard
Secondary Role:: your mum

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime11/3/2012, 8:31 pm

oo ninjaaa
Back to top Go down
MeyJaX
Cheesy Member
MeyJaX

ESB Points : 181

Character sheet
Role-playing:
Secondary Role::

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime12/3/2012, 10:40 pm

I vote for Poker Smile
Back to top Go down
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime15/3/2012, 10:33 am

soo anybody willing to do any of these games today? owo
Back to top Go down
Yuumei
Happy-Go-Lucky Member
Yuumei

ESB Points : 1024

Character sheet
Role-playing: Imagination
Secondary Role:: Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime15/3/2012, 10:43 am

Nope 8D
Back to top Go down
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ain_Soph_Aur
smiles
Sempai
smiles

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime15/3/2012, 10:49 am

LOL. THEN WHY SUGGEST THEM?
Back to top Go down
Cytomander
Psychopathic Member
Cytomander

ESB Points : 919

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime15/3/2012, 9:01 pm

BIG 2 WAS BOSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Club Meetings   Ideas for Club Meetings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Club Meetings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next